Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the bits I've circled ?

In the second one the small pipes going to it are cracked and perished (not very badly but definitely noticable) - should I change them.

Also in the second pick there are two big sections of rubber hosing joining the pipes of the intake system - is this normal?

Sorry if these questions are really obvious - I'm new to everything skyline and turbo.

Cheers

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
All looks normal, rubber hose joints are standard bits. First pic may be the boost control solenoid type thing, but someone has put a huge red halo round it :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm

told that those wee rubber hoses are prone to perishing.... Defo get em checked.

And, as already stated, the other thing with the angelic headgear is a recirculating dump valve..... Returns the air thats dumped back into the intake system to stop the car getting confused. Standard fit, I believe.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks lads. On the pircture of the recirculating dump valve you can see a small blocked off hose. Is this what normally activates it - would it normally be connected to the plenum chamber? I have a blitz dump valve connected so I guess the old one will have been decomissioned somehow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
grebo said:
Thanks lads. On the pircture of the recirculating dump valve you can see a small blocked off hose. Is this what normally activates it - would it normally be connected to the plenum chamber? I have a blitz dump valve connected so I guess the old one will have been decomissioned somehow.

That is right!! I can see the BOV on your intercooler pipe!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts