Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i know this topic has been covered many a time but said i would ask anyway, looking for a bit of feedback on what bar to run and what sort of BHP to expect

Car a present:
FMIC ( Fitted few weeks ago also)
Apexi Induction kit
Cold feed to Induction Kit
Hybird Turbo (Turbo rebuild few weeks ago)

Parts Ordered:
Cat back exhaust system, de-cat, turbo eldow, downpipe
Apexi Power FC & Hand controller
Boost Controller

Will be set up on Rooling road by tuning centre

if anyboby could give me adive etc would be great thanks lads

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was told when got turbo done if would be fit for 500bhp so dont know what sort of bar

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the turbo is using the standard housing then around 400bhp is the max you'll see out of it.
Usually 1.2bar is the most you can run (depending on who built the turbo) setting the boost any higher will not make any more power.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When got the turbo rebuilt and put back on when it got warmed up a bit noticed it was cracked so a new houseing was put on it but dont know what type, but dont really expect to be running 400BHP, wat sort of bar should i be running with the mods discribed above was hopeing for a bit more than 320BHP would i need AFM and bigger injectors to achieve this

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good man what sort of horses you hopeing for when all mods are complete Do you hav t get her remapped after each mod is done I dont know a hole lot bout the mapping stuff was told Apexi power fc do they act as an AFM as well Just got a new clutch the other one was slipping its only a standard one though

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I want 400-450 safe running.

I got a whole load done before I got it mapped. Caused serious overfuelling.

Then got the PFC and AFM fitted at the same time. The Air Flow Meter needs replacing as the engine requires a lot more air and the stnadrda one max's out.

I got a Z32 AFM, but you can also use a Q45. You need the PFC to run a different AFM you cant just bolt one on.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you hopeing to get that power with stock internals, there is a bit of a vibration sound coming from the area of the cam cover bout 1500-2000 RPM have you any idea what it mite be done a few searchs on this site its either AC pump r idle tensioners on timing belt what do you think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts