Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've only just entered the skyline world.

I just picked up an r32 with the rb25 transplant. There is a high and a low setting on the greddy controller, but it seemed the high setting was only .1 bar of boost extra for the warning value in red. the low is at 1.0 and 1.1(5% gain)(red) and high is 1.0 and 1.2(red) (8% gain) On either setting the boost controller records no more than 1-1.1 bar of boost.

What I don't understand is gain, I'd like to find out more about it incase i do some damage.

Here are the mods so you have an idea of what i can boost too(sorry they're not exact, i'll try find out more)

There is some internal work done to engine, it had a full rebuild including forged pistons.
Hks engine management
Greddy profec b
IMHO gigantic turbo, not sure what one it is, but it comes in mega late

remote oil cooler?? strange looking thing with upside down filter and lots of fat pipes

no cat
unsure of exhaust but fat from root to tip
screamer pipe
fancy manifold

the management etc was set up at abbey and there is a print out showing 380 bhp at the wheels.

another thing, see on the boost controller it shows you the maximum it's ever boosted to, well when i picked it up that value was 1.59. I reset it and my maximum now is 1.1.

I know it's a lot of information for anyone to try number crunch but any help would be good.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
I'm assuming that its a greddy profec boost controller here, the gain adjusts the sensitivity of the solenoid valve that in turn controls the amount of boost.
If the gain is set too high you can get boost spike. For what its worth i have the gain on mine set at 5 % as any more than that it starts spiking. Also though if the gain is set too low it wont allow full boost to be achieved. It's all about trial and error mate, however if the car is performing ok then i would leave it alone.
Hope this helps

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
It depends really. I have seen cars with the same tubby as mine (hks 2835) make over 400 @ 1.15 bar. So its not impossible. Far better off getting it on the rollers then you will know what it can do, also any issues can be addressed (fueling etc). If you have only just got it are you the 1st uk owner? As it could be mapped for jap fuel, and not the crap we have over here. Piece of mind if nothing else.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's been in the country last couple of years mate, last year it was at abbey motorsport and there is a receipt for 4k. i think i'll just leave it alone for now, maybe take it to the rollers some time. do you lot have rolling road days?

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
if the print out's from Abbey, your 380 is at the hubs and that can easily be achieved from 1bar of boost, sounds as though the previous owner has had a fiddle with the boost controller if it was reading a peak of 1.59 :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.