Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just had a new set of tyres, now need a new set of brake pads!

I have a budget of £150 to spend for new pads on my stock GTS-T. I have heard that Yellow Stuff are supposed to be good. So maybe a set of those on the front and other standardish pads on the back?

What do you recommend??

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i dont like ebc brakes at all,i got some endless racing pads(front and rear) for 160 delivered,that was from envy performance iirc

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put EBC Yellow stuff all round on my car. I have to say they are surprisingly good!
If you only ever used Red/Green stuff pads then your views may be changed if you give the Yellow a go?
You can get a full set (fronts & rears) for £120 delivered (for a GTR).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put EBC Yellow stuff all round on my car. I have to say they are surprisingly good!
If you only ever used Red/Green stuff pads then your views may be changed if you give the Yellow a go?
You can get a full set (fronts & rears) for £120 delivered (for a GTR).
Where did you buy them from mate?

·
4,143 Posts
i have red stuff but im not 100% convinced but i know everyone rates the endless cxxr pads that has used them and thats not a bad price if its front and back well even qute good for just the fronts

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Endless SSS pads front and rear will be a round £150 from Nengun

I cant rate them highly enough :) and neither does anyone else after I nearly put them through the windscreen showing them how good they are :uy:

·
4,143 Posts
im getting endless next time as they are about the same price as the ebc but i know the endless pads will be better

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
Endless SSS pads front and rear will be a round £150 from Nengun

I cant rate them highly enough :) and neither does anyone else after I nearly put them through the windscreen showing them how good they are :uy:
:asshole: yep mate that was impressive and so was going round corners and no slide whatsoever :boogy:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ferodo DS2500's did it for me, superb, I no longer think about braking, it just happens.

Aitch

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
has anyone tried project mu Level Max900i pads?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone.

I got a set of EBC Yellowstuff pads. Not cheap at £170 although they should last for quite a while, well they had better!

Pads were fitted last week and they seem quite good.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The answer to how good they are is there in your last post, "they seem quite good" is somewhat negative and not a term I would have applied a week after fitting my Ferodo's, "fxxxng fab" would have been nearer the mark.

Aitch

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The answer to how good they are is there in your last post, "they seem quite good" is somewhat negative and not a term I would have applied a week after fitting my Ferodo's, "fxxxng fab" would have been nearer the mark.

Aitch
Aitch, oh I'm so sorry, did I not write what you wanted to hear .... honestly some people :shakehead:

Well these are the first performance pads I have ever had on any car so I would not be able to say they are "fxxxxng fab" as I have not tried/compared any other high quality pads. However with the Yellowstuff pads "they do seem quite good" :) lol

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If they stop you on a chalk line at normal speeds, stop you easily without noise, judder, grabbing or other histrionics from high speeds and you very quickly learn they will just do the job you expect, then they are Fxxxing fab.

If they don't do all of those things and you feel they could be better then they probably could, all I was trying to say was simply that my ferodo's do do all of those things and I cannot see how anything could improve on the job. So anyone who doesn't feel that confidence has probably not yet found the ideal pad.

I am able to make that observation as I have used a great number of pads on a huge variety of performance vehicles, so can make comparisons.

Apologies if it came out wrong.

Aitch

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I run Red stuff on mine £88 delivered and do about 8 track days a year on them with trips to the 'Ring' and find them perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts