Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mark Taylor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Can anybody let me know from EXPERIENCE which brake discs I should buy for my R33 GTR. I've been running what I think are Blue Print Discs with EBC Red(F) and Green (R) pads.
I hav'nt been very impressed with the braking power and would like to upgrade all 4 corners.
I know I'm going to use Ferrodo DS2500 pads all round, just unsure of which discs to buy.
Everybody keeps bringing up DBA's in the posts. These are within my budget and hopefully will bite better than what I'm running just now.

Would like to get a bit more experience from you lot out there before I do??

Also has anybody fitted the Nismo braided hose kit?

Thanks Mark.
PS, I fitted Falken FK 452's tyres(245/45/ZR17) all round about 6 months ago and they've been amazing. One of the best Tyres I've had in all my years of driving fast motors. Amazing in dry and good in wet. They give you so much confidence when giving the lady a right royal spanking on a twisty road.

·
4,143 Posts
dba disks do get a good report most of the time i would get endless cxr pads endless or dba discs and the briaded lines do help quite a bit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
A good set up i fitted this year on a R34 GTR was EBC Grooved Front and rear disc's with EBC Yellow stuff pads, braided hose kit and some race brake fluid. I'll prob get people slagging of EBC disc's but this set up was VERY good for fast road/track. (That was changing all disc's/pads) If you want to just change fronts, i would recommed DBA grooved 6x6 disc's with a EBC redstuff pads. This combo is recommend by DBA. Don't bother with the DBA crossdrilled and grooved, they are prone to cracking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have recently replaced my discs and pads on my 33 GTR - front and back, I went for DS2500's all round with DBA 4000 slotted discs on the rear and Performance Friction 2 piece slotted discs on the front, i can recommend this set up to anyone, really good stopping power. I heard the same about drilled discs which are prone to cracking which put me off.

Personally I would not recommend red stuff pads, had them on the car prior to the change, have noticed a lot more brake dust coming of the DS2500s though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts