Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok folks i have a r33 gtst and im looking to tune it. so far i have a induction front intercooler and soon to be fitted full custom built exhaust (which they boast will give me a promised 30bhp alone). what else can i do that wont need me upgrading pistons rods cams etc im not looking for silly bhp maybe about 350. any ideas?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Start with obvoius things exhaust etc decat and downpipe,
get steel head gasket and turbine kit i.e hks 2540 ??
could go steel crank and forged pistons for loads of boost plus injectors and fueling power fc or similar will fly then

get in touch with dirk

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah true but im trying to avoid getting con rods pistons and injectors. mark at abbey said upgrade to a hybrid a afr and whack the boost up. i already have the decat and when the exhasut goes on will have the downpipes too. so anything else i could do?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought. ive heard about getting 12-15 but 30 is silly! but hey if it works then great. then ill be pushing around 310 on standard parts really. and the cost is about 600 notes which includes a down pipe.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
You might want to think about stopping. I had GTR brake calipers and discs fitted to mine as the power went up. I was 'nt too keen on spending money on going slower, but what a world of difference over the standard brakes.They went on with very minor mods, longer bolt required and remove back plate. I found EBC red stuff pads fitted great, same pads as fat old 7 series BMW. I did castle coombe with em and they done the business for me. So maybe some of your budget should be spent down the stopping route.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What did Abbey recommend for 350hp then, just curious...

You won't see 30bhp from the exhaust more like 10 at the most.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i always thought it was just 10 too but abbey have seen 30 from a hiper exhaust and that i was told by the owner mark! i agree with u but hey if they say it and it works then its all good

·
Registered
104 Posts
No saying you can get 30 BHP from changing an exhaust is unlikely, not unless the exhaust you removed had been squashed flat or was restrictive in some otherway.

Now changing the front pipe, de-cat and exhaust on a GTSt that would free up clost to 25bhp and is well worth while.

Hi Pidge, you dont half get about m8 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts