Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from my first "proper" tuning part, an organic exedy clutch and a nismo lightweight flywheel... picking the car up in about an hour... is it going to be a nightmare to drive? or a dream?

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
You'll notice quicker acceleration if anything, there is a small downside though that the revs may drop off quickly due to there being less rotational inertia keeping the engine revs high. That and you may notice that you'll lose revs going steeply uphill. However the gains are worth the trade off. :)

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG....what a difference!!!
ok here are the real world advantages and disadvatages of a lightened flywheel (bearing in mind its very wet and i couldnt put my foot down more than 3/4 without traction problems!

first the car accelerates like an utter demon now, the response is intense and the revs build really quick! contrary to what i was told and read about there is no realy noticable difference in torque and there is definatly not a lose of engine revs going up steep hills, engine breaking seems reduced too...
I would REALLY recommend changing your flywheel if your getting your clutch done...so worth it...

now to go and find some gtst's to annoy ;)

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
Good stuff, my post about the downsides really only apply if you go too light. :)

I'm looking forward to my OS Giken Twinplate + Aluminium propshaft now! :D

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Freakyclown said:
you mean one of those heavy lumps of metal that just add lag? ;)
Yeah! FIGHT THE MACHINE, you non-conformist heretic!!!

It's good to see a different approach :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts