Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, im coming up to my 19th birthday and i wanna treat myself to a new car, been driving a seat leon 1.4 for just over a year now, and want something a bit faster overall budget fot car and insurance is about 6k, just wonderd what cars you had when you were my age, im not silly i know ill never get insured on 2.5 turbo at my age, anyone know what the chances are on a 2.0 non turbo skyline or 200sx?

Any ideas will me much appreciated.

Cheers

Sam

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
im not silly i know ill never get insured on 2.5 turbo at my age, anyone know what the chances are on a 2.0 non turbo skyline or 200sx?
All Skylines are in the same group, group 20, regardless of the spec, so you'll get heavily gouged even on a 2.0 non turbo, if they'll even entertain it. Usually need to be over 25.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh thats a shame didnt know they were all group 20, ill have a look at s13's they look quite nice.

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
I'd go s13 mate. When I was your age i went out and spent stupid money on a civic sport. In hindsight i could have had an s13 (still want one) which is rwd, faster, waaaaay cooler, cheaper to fix but only very fractionally more on insurance but with the differance in price of car would have saved me a fortune.
Trust me a skyline is a total money pit, nice as they are put it off as long as possible. S13 all the way, plus you get pop up head lights, which lets face it is reason enough to buy one.

While i'm on the point as well. A friend of mine worked on one and all they did was stick some decent injectors in and had a remap and it was putting out near on 300bhp!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds pretty good, i really like the s14 not so sure on the 13's but im sure theres some nice ones around, just keep my eyes open, cheers for your ideas guys!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
well im 21 almost 22 now n wen i was 19 i had a rover 218 coupe..but it had been played around with..nice cars n quick as ****... good cheap car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an 02 plate seat leon 1.4, nice car, but really want something a bit quicker and rwd, looked at bmw 325i but would like to get something jap, any other ideas?

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Not sure what insurance would be like exactly but i've heard rx7's arn't too bad on insurance. A mate of mine just picked up a very tidy rev 5 mkII MR2 N/A. Very quick for an N/A, don't think you'd have any luck with a turbo model but at least you won't go and kill your self that way and it's still rapid

·
bla
17,374 Posts
providing they are a uk model and not a jap import.
Dunno.. I found the imports to be near enough the same as uk models...

Might make a difference with newer drivers though :dunno:

try confused.com???

S14/a.. I dont think you would regret that. 2 Litre turbo RWD fun... :D get bored with the engine.. Throw in an RB25DET...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts