Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hollo lads and lassescan any 1 tell me what colour primer i would use for paint code KH2 Graphite grey metalic,i dont wanna end up takin it all off and doin it again! thanks lads

·
Registered
772 Posts
Any colour primer, KH2 is a straight, basic mettalic, the ground coat colour will have no effect on the finished colour.
Having said that, grey would be sensible as stone chips wouldn't show up so bad.

Alex B

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks lads.sorry i couldn`t get back to yiz earlier.:guiness:
I have to do a bit of a repair job on the front bumper tomorrow and just wanted to be sure,last time i spray`d it i used grey primer and it turned out a shade darker but i reckon it was the lads in the motor factors doin a half arsed job:Uzi:
Hey Knight Racer if all goes well im gonna get side skirts and rear spats any good deals goin on?i see you do some nice bodykits.

·
Registered
772 Posts
sorry to hijack but is thatpaint code the same grey as the pic below?

NO, KH2 is the gun metal, same as my GTR, that looks more like the blue my GTS was, I'll try and remember to look for the colour code tomorrow if you need it, (or you could look on your chassis plate).

Alex B

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you could Alex that would be cool (considerring your business background etc)

I was sure i looked up my chassis number but didnt revel much i dont recall ideally would like to find out a code that a local paints place could mix up (can they do that from a nissan paint code?)

cheers

·
Registered
772 Posts
if you could Alex that would be cool (considerring your business background etc)

I was sure i looked up my chassis number but didnt revel much i dont recall ideally would like to find out a code that a local paints place could mix up (can they do that from a nissan paint code?)

cheers
Yeah, I've had some of that mixed before so should be able to tell from the label if there are other shades, can't remember there being any though.
Very often there are different shades or tints, a Cossie bumper we've just painted had ordinary shade and light shade. An NSX we done a bit of paintwork on had 30 field shades, which means they're are 30 different shades, and being field shades, there is no mix formular for them!

I'll get the code for you, then just give your local motorfactors a ring, if there are several different shades take a panel in, (door mirror of fuel cap are easiest), and match it to their chips.

Alex B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts