Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

What companies do monthly direct debit without charging stupid APR?.

Was on phone to Elephant and Admiral today and they charge 21.8% APR and 27.3% APR respectively and that is with 2 months deposit up front.

That should be illegal.

Anyone therefore know what companies do monthly direct debit without charging stupid APR?.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you want monthly payments, the most sensible option is as above - with one of the 0% credit cards.

Have a look on www.moneysupermarket.com there are a few to choose from. Some give you 9 months but either way just get one card which gives you 0% on purchases to buy the insurance in the first place then after the 6 or 9 months 0% period transfer the balance to a new 0% card for the remaining months. Simple and you pay no more than if you paid the insurance upfront. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I only realised on saturday Adrian Flux charged me £300 to pay in 10 insallments. b*stards!! should have read the small print.

ah well my new insurance is £250/year

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Basilden Insurance I had to pay their £50 broker fee upfront, but the policy is 0% direct debt over 12 months, get in !!!

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
I would get a low interest credit card, with a 0% introductory rate, on £1000 you'll only pay 20 quid interest over a year, providing you pay off £100 a month (can be set automatically).

Just make sure you cut the card up so you cant use it after!

I personally hate credit cards, but sometimes they are the cheapest way to get money you havnt got :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts