Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a round about today and when i came off...as my steering wheel was going back to the straight position ...i heard a twang sort of sound..
Anyone know what this might be...everytime i turn right i hear it.

thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure what this may be, but I would check your front springs if I were you, just to be on the safe side. Check around the whole steering rack and suspension area for anything that may be loose or getting caught up on it for starters. Don't know much about skylines, YET. Somebody else jump in here and maybe help further.

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
I had a similar noise to this when turning right, it turned out to be my jack loose in the boot (In its hidy hole on the left hand side, wasent tight in the holster), got to be worth a check....

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm...thanks
Something else was happening today...when i put my foot down...
boost didnt feel as it normally does...you know how you usually hear a constant sort of blowing out the exhaust...but this time when i put my fooot down the blowing wasnt constant it was chopping up...what is that...anything to be concerned about...or just in need of a service.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey mate i had a bad missfire after 4500rpm if its anything like that and when i changed the plugs she was fine again! may be worth a bash!

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Boost spike? (you will feel surgin in acceleration) does it have a boost controller or is it std? (with 1 or 2 stage boost) did the car feel wrong or was it just the sound?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah ...it feels like its lost a bit of boost since its been happening...misfireing...you think a change of plugs will sort it...
hmmmm...i dont have the first clue about damned mechanics...they should teach this in school instead of stuff that you never ever need to refer to ever again in your adult life...thanks for your suggestions...much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts