Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's my girlfriend has an r33 gts with an rb20e and she's after on LSD we tryed fitting an my old gtst lsd but the drive shaft flange's were differnt the gtst diff have one bolt hole and the N/A shafts haveing a 2 bolt flange, from what i can see an 200sx S14 diff seem's to be a good match just want to ask as you guy's will no best...
she wants to have ago at skidding it before she buy's a gtst next year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
gonna hijack here,
couple questions about the rb20de standard diff,
is the housing same as a gtst?
how many bolts are there on the back plate?
what sort of ration do they have? manual

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
i also got a r33 gts with the rb20e motor.also want to knw about fitting a lsd.the vin plate says 4.11.it has the 6x2 drive shaft bolt pattern n 2 bolts on the back plate

·
http://www.japmad.net
346 Posts
hmm...old thred but if u upgrade the rb20e diff ur need a new subframe the bolt holes are diffrent width as the rb20e one is tiny

·
http://www.japmad.net
346 Posts
sorry but I know for a fact they are not the name bolt holes on the subframe...when my diff gave up I brought a 25de diff and the holes didn't line up they was probably 10-15mm out at least :-/

·
12,294 Posts
Rb20e R33's are 3x2 open. gTS25T R33 diff should be a perfect swap, but needs to be either abs or non model diff depending on what series r33 and half shafts
Nope, the gtst uses different driveshaft flanges, five single boltholes per flange instead of six holes in pairs. Basically the rb20 type flange is like a triangle with two holes at each corner, and gtst ones are star shaped. I don't know about any subframe differences, but it's possible the gearing will be wrong too.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
A R200,S14 200sx turbo, non abs, manual, should drop straight in.
Diff ratio for 2.0 na is usually 4.0834 s14 one is 4.11
Will be close enough to make no real difference.
Unfortunately you probably have a R180 diff. The smallest one of the bunch lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts