Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i currently have Tein coilovers on mine they are type HA and it makes the car unbelivably bouncy (well thats what i say) apparently paul says thats becuase they are hard??? well put it this way you feel every single hole in the road even a stone lol and you can see it bobbing up and down really bad if you are behind me.

Now ive spoken with tein to see if there is anything i can do and they said no as thats the way they are and they are noe out of production so cant replace any bits.

I cant put up with it anymore and i know as soon as i put my new 18" alloys on it will be worse!

I DO NOT want to spend about £600 + on new ones.

So was thinking maybe of going with stock shockers and lowering springs....does anyone know roughly how much this will cost, or does anyone have a good set of second hand ones going??

Baring in mind that they are Tein coilovers so im not sure what i need to make it stock again....it it just shockers and springs?

Any help much apprieciated xxx

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
if its visibly bouncing at the back i would say the shocks are past their best and the spring is providing all the suspension,whats it like if you push down on the boot with it parked up?

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its visibly bouncing at the back i would say the shocks are past their best and the spring is providing all the suspension,whats it like if you push down on the boot with it parked up?
Its the same front and back if you push it while parked...but it does spring strait back up it doesnt keep bouncing if that makes sense?? on a smooth road, which we dont have many of its resonably ok but on a slight bump its a nightmare. Tein did say thats they way they are....dont think japanese roads are as bad as ours lol

·
seasoned member
1,811 Posts
I've tested my TEIN springs with stock shockers - were fine for me so far, will see how they 'll work with new wheels...

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tested my TEIN springs with stock shockers - were fine for me so far, will see how they 'll work with new wheels...

But wont it be different as mine are coilovers??? so i would need new springs as well as they are one unit rather than seperate?

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool, but maybe im thinking (correct me if im wrong) that it might be my shockers that have had it?? so i wouldnt be bale to replace just the shockers??

Anyone have an idea on how much to replace the lot with stock shocks and lowering springs maybe? or is that not a good idea?

·
5,050 Posts
hang on I'll try and find a nice kit for ya

a Hybryd nice springs and shocks

If your not using your car on the track or just fast road you dont need coilovers

I think coilovers are little overated for everyday driving

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hang on I'll try and find a nice kit for ya

a Hybryd nice springs and shocks

If your not using your car on the track or just fast road you dont need coilovers

I think coilovers are little overated for everyday driving

Thanks Toast....i really cant affordn to spend alot this is why ive asked maybe for second hand ones maybe....but will get new if not too expensive. I dont use the car for track at all but do race sometimes x

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
are your coilovers adjustable for stifness? screw adjuster in the middle of the mount?

i have ksport coilovers and the springs are quite stiff. when i was setting it up i had the shockers set to soft in an atempt to take some of the harshness out of the ride.. this dosnt work.. stiff springs need a stiff shocker setting to control the spring.. to soft and the car was really bouncy...

so if you have adjustable shocks on the coil overs try turning the stiffnes up.. it wont make the ride any smoother but it might cure the bounce...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts