Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the GTS-t's will top out at. I've always perceived skylines to be pretty healthy top end with the right persuasion under the bonnet.

what would a standard skyline and one running about 300bhp top out at?

Would i be conservative in thinking about 155mph for both?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
be careful what you post as this is a 'public' forum and the boys in blue have a tendancy to read these posts. if you've done this 'on a track' then fine , but we dont do this sort of thing on public roads ,now do we. i didn't think so , we are all responsible adults here.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Sarge is right guys, only post speeds you have achieved ON TRACK :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Under the right conditions, 165ish, as standard.

Don't ever do anything approaching that on a public road, children.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
mines done 155mph but that was the last owner

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
just got over 160 a couple of times on private land obviously

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Bear in mind that the speedos are not 100% accurate, an indicated 160 will probs 'only' be 150 (ish) true reading

·
Registered
123 Posts
My skyline is standard in every way except the driver, Ive had it on track doing 150MPH easy, Ive had a spedo convertor chip fitted and know these are not 100% accurate, but from my house to my work it was 15mile exactly on my last 2 cars, in this it is 15.2

·
Registered
359 Posts
On the way to the nurburgring on the autobahn I got an indicated 170mph from my R33 GTR! I know it over reads by about 7-8 mph (crap speedo converter and slightly wrong size wheels!) but it was still mighty scary!! :eek:

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
im just back from gemany after driving the nurburgring which was awesome and on the unrestricted autobahns my gts-t topped at a speedo indicated 158mph for a good cupla minutes and i even managed to bring on my cat overheating light :dogpile:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
seems to be a lot of difference in the results then - i guess that the gearbox will keep going but its dependant on you having the power to pull it round yeah?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts