Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That car I am looking at I want to make it look like the car in the pic.
How much does a kit like that run for where you live?
I love the hood mainly and front end also colur

Hopefully the picture owner does not mind. That car is inspiring lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
r34 vs jdm r34????

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a r34. But my cousin said most are kit cars in Canada.
He told me that the real r34 jdm are 75k
I don't know if it's true as I want to buy the one I'm looking at but if it's a kit I don't know
He said the American r34 is diffrent then the real one

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you live in the US or in Canada?

In the US, the only legal R34s are the handful of Motorex cars that were legalized years ago and they trade for $110K or more - assuming you can find an owner that wants to part with one. There is no such thing as an "American" R34 since they were never sold here officially - both the US and Canadian cars are grey-market but in Canada it's legal to bring in a JDM car at 15 years of age while in the US it's at 25 years so R34s aren't legal for import until 2024.

If somebody's selling you an R34 in the States it's not a legal one unless it has a bond release from US Customs proving it was one of the Motorex cars. The Feds have a history of seizing Skylines brought in illegally. If you buy an R34 in Canada you can't bring it in legally to the States until it turns 25.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I live in Canada. And will buy one here.

What's a JDM I can't find much info on them
The one I'm looking at was brought down from Japan
Many dealers do that here.

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts
JDM is Japanese Domestic Market.
It just means the car was built and sold in Japan so to have it anywhere else it has to have been imported :)

Sent from my broken-ass phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Thanks so basically all skylines that come into canada are JDM?

What do you think of this car? I wanna buy it
. But would like to know your opinion. But can I still do a gtr body kit on a 1998?.
I see kits that say 1999-2002

·
Registered
646 Posts
You can, but shouldn't. There are plenty of body kits that cater towards that model, so why try and make it a knock off of something else.

Also, skylines are incredibly expensive cars to own, maintain and modify relative to other cars. They have really high potential, but aren't particularly suited to people who don't know the in's and out's of cars. You may want to consider a WRX or something similar to tinker with first and learn the basics before you go all in on something like a skyline.

Ok Thanks so basically all skylines that come into canada are JDM?

What do you think of this car? I wanna buy it
. But would like to know your opinion. But can I still do a gtr body kit on a 1998?.
I see kits that say 1999-2002

1 - 9 of 9 Posts