Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im looking for a new turbo as my old standard one has decided to quit on me ive seen a few but there is two here i can get at a good price but i need to know if they would be any good at the moment i cant aford a hks one but like someone once said to me if something breaks up grade it
heres the discription for them both

RB20/RB25/13B,drift/drag.
This turbo features a twin-entry T3-size exhaust flange, which is also suitable for normal T3-flange manifolds. This makes it an ideal upgrade turbo for RB20DET and RB25DET engine. Rated at 560hp. It uses a 2.75in V-band flange for the exhaust outlet (V-band and flange included).

RB20/RB25/13B,track/drift.
Suitable for larger 2.5–3.0L engines, this turbo features a twin-entry T3-size exhaust flange, which is also suitable for normal T3-flange manifolds such as RB25DET or RB30ET*. Rated at 480hp. it uses the same compressor design as the KKR-430, but a larger turbine and housing better suited to high-boost applications up to 20psi. It uses a 2.75in V-band flange for the exhaust outlet (V-band and flange included).
Tested by Croydon Racing Developments on an RB25DET engine, it produced 263kW at the wheels at 19psi. The standard internal wastegate is designed
to hold 16–17psi.

ive also looked at the xs-power top mount kit with a t70 , manifold and external waste gate.
but im sure i have read bad things about the quality of them

i know i need to upgrade other things aswell as im only running stage one on the r33 gtst with fmic at the moment
thanks all

·
Registered
828 Posts
What you have put tbh isnt very helpful.
For starters is who makes them?They may be cheap chinese imitations and not last 5 mins.(like the xs versions)
Also i find it hard to believe Croydon RD's would quote figures in KW when over here there is a tendency to use HP?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you have put tbh isnt very helpful.
For starters is who makes them?They may be cheap chinese imitations and not last 5 mins.(like the xs versions)
Also i find it hard to believe Croydon RD's would quote figures in KW when over here there is a tendency to use HP?
got it in one they are imitations wisecobandit
the first is rated at 430bhp but its set to run at the same boost as the standard turbo and the second one is rated at 480bhp but they say it will run around 1 -1.1 bar

ive been on croydon's website and they are in sidney ive read through a couple of there articles on there project cars and the are quoting power in kw's but i have emailed them to see what they found this turbo to be like

would it be worth trying one as i can get one through the company for around £200

·
Registered
828 Posts
£200 on your head be it mate.

Being honest i wouldnt try it regardless whats been said etc.To supply a turbo at £200 just goes to show the quality cant be there.The thing is if and when it goes bang you could be looking at rebuilding or sourcing an engine etc.
It not something i would be happy to do and risk.
I know we all find uprated turbo's an expensive mod and try and save our pennies but my own opinion is you get what you pay for.In the long run a cheap turbo will work out more expensive when it goes bang and ends up with bits going through the engine/intercooler etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts