Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im new to forums and to skylines, ive been offered this car

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1311266.htm

for £1500. I took it for a test drive and it was nice enough but i dont know if im rushing into buying it as i did'nt think it had much power. Is it a good buy for a first skyline or do you think i should maybe save bit longer for a turbo model.

I ask for your help because i been reading as much as possible and right now cant think straight.

Thanks in advance

Mike

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
if it was me buying it id probably be thinking why didnt i save for a turbo skyline...after all you have just said id didnt feel like it had much power so cant be the rigth car for you.

thats my opinion though as im sure it is a nice car.

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
in all honesty mate you will regret not buying the turbo, but on the other hand thats worth £1500 all day long

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Dont think id bother tbh..

Save the little extra and get a snailed one :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
My wife just bought 2.0 non turbo for £1400 , Its almost mint and drives like new. Its the same year as the one you have seen but its a manual which might make it feel abit quicker than an auto , having said that its alot of car for not alot of cash if its a good one.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
The only thing I would think of checking on the car is the remote engine start and just have a look about it. The thing is cheap and you can't go wrong with cheap but most of the time you get what you pay for. It looks like a bargain and the body isn't bad but he left a side shot out.

The reason I said the remote start is I don't know who wired it in, and I make sure on things like that.

For that price though, I would say get it.

·
I'm Ron Burgundy!!!!
358 Posts
I have a 2.0 na, while it hasnt got the grunt of the turbo models, they still look and sound lovely, mine puts a smile on my face when ever I drive it. Be carefull with the insurance though as most UK companies dont recognise this model, so it could end up costing more than you think.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'd go the turbo route, or buy it and drive through a few tunnels within an hour of ownership, you'll be grinning like a cheshire cat then :)

·
Man of many spanners
1,166 Posts
If you have ANY doubts about buying a n/a then dont buy it. Buy a turbo.
You will definitely regret it otherwise.

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
save for the turbo mate, buy it and then test drive a n/a, you'll never regret a thing

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Although the non turbo is a very good car with a solid engine if you feel its not quick enough then there is only one thing left to do ( gtst ) or ( gtr ). At the end of the day a Skyline is a Skyline no matter which engine it has.

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
true true, the looks do it for me alone, and i suppose somert to build on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well ive made my mind up as much as i do think its a great car at a great price i will continue my saving and start looking for a good turbo model. Ive got a bmw on lease till january which will save me 450 a month, so wont be toooo long.

I just want a skyline now, hate waiting

Thanks for your replies in the end it was what you said that made my mind up

mike

·
Man of many spanners
1,166 Posts
The 2 litre n/a is a nice solid car but puts out about 130bhp whereas the 2.5 gtst does about 250 bhp.
The insurance will not be much difference between the two I think.
You pay your money and you take your choice.
If you want a nice car get the 2litre. If you want a fast car get the turbo.

oops too late anyway!

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Well ive made my mind up as much as i do think its a great car at a great price i will continue my saving and start looking for a good turbo model. Ive got a bmw on lease till january which will save me 450 a month, so wont be toooo long.

I just want a skyline now, hate waiting

Thanks for your replies in the end it was what you said that made my mind up

mike
i think your mind was already made up mate, just make sure you get a good one and you will be sorted.

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
good lad,think you made the right decision, keep us posted!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts