Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just picked my new gtst up and it has a apexi afc on it and i dont know what its for. the bloke i got it of says its some kind of boost controler but im not to sure. it has just one nob on it that you can turn to diffrent % of air.?????

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
The Apexi AVCR is the boost controller but not sure about the afc, maybe it stabilises the airflow when using atmosperic dump valves but im not sure

Adam

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
it is NOT a boost controller, it alters the air flow meter signal to alter the amount of fuel going into the engine. DONT alter it your self, leave it at 0.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
it does not buffer the signal as in the other post, that is called a eis ( electronic idle stabliser )

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
DON'T FIDDLE :nonono:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
when you mod the car AND ONLY THEN should it be adusted by a tuner who knows what they are doing and has the right equipment on the car. a SAFC2 will be more useful than the old version you have now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why would it be fitted? am i to assume its been played with at some point

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
when you start to mod a skyline they tend to over fuel, the old version afc like what you have is a crude version of adjusting the amount of fuel going into the motor by adjusting the voltage from the afm when it goes into the ecu. its not a very good version as it only has one adjustment point and if you lean it out a bit it may lean it out somewhere in the rev range where you dont want it to.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
It's fitted to alter the air/fuel ratio as the vehicle's tuning state increases. Too lean and you will get detonation, too rich and you will borewash the engine. This is one of those items that should be set up by a tuner and left well alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts