Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically ive just got my log book through the post and the model is 'gtr'. i have a r33 m spec gts t. is the gtr a 'better' model??

sorry to sound 'daft' but im new to these.

thanks

keron

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
not a better model as such, but different specs...maybe DVLA have cocked up?? have a look at your engine, the chassis number for GTR R33's start BCNR....

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Probably best if it is described properly on the Log book thing.
May get probs with insurance or god knows what else, if it ever came to the law getting involved.
GTR is twin tubo jobbie. Gran Tourer Racing is my best punt at GTR
GTS is ECR33

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I think my R32 GTS-T said GTR on the log book. Can't remember for sure though. Same old story with DVLA not classifying imports correctly.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
My log book says GTR... Oh it is a GTR.. silly me...Lol

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
mine says GTR but cant be arsed to sit in the bloody cue to get served/ delt with, so i'll be changing mine after christmas

E

·
0 Posts
You`ll be ok untill (god forbid) you have a bad un.
I`ve made a claim on my insurance & it went through ok.
probably best to get it sorted though. Im saying that & mines been like it for 18 months :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Andie reported same problem and was wondering what to do. Andie, man, at least you're not alone!

Mine has correct model on mine - I think its down to correct form-filling when the car was first registered in the UK.

·
Registered
568 Posts
GTR here too, but just couldn't be arsed to get it changed.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Would be interesting to find out wether or not it would make any difference to an insurance claim if it's unchanged. I'll call one of my old friends in underwriting at Direct Line and find out what he says about legal implications and post his reply.

·
Registered
397 Posts
sorry for the hijack

I've just changed my car's about 3week's ago , from a R34GTT to R34GTR & i've been sent the log book's for both car's .....

I thought i only owned the GTR but my name is still at the top of both log's :D the GTT logbook sais NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R COUPE & my GTR logbook sais NISSAN 2-AXLE-RIGID BODY COUPE , but they have got the correct chassis number's .

Aslo my insurance jumped up an extra £20 for thr GTR:D

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Mine went up £700 from the GTS-T to the GTR :(

·
Registered
397 Posts
sorry for the hijack

Which insurance company do you use , i'm with DIRECTLINE.

I'm saying it's only gone up £20 , but when i come to renew my policy i've got another 3point's to be added , which wouid give me a grand total of 9point's & a nice looking insurance bill:confused:

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
ouch. I'm with Tesco. They're underwritten and staffed by Direct Line. Only insurance company that will cover me on it so far. :( Got a couple of companies to ring in new year on recommendation.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts