Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heehe, i got the car with this attached, all I was told it was a "blitz" exhaust. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anymore info encase I go for a decat or anything in the future it might be needed?

also i've read some exhausts have a "bung" you can remove. is this the case on mine?

Finally, in the 3rd pic there seems to be a lot of rust under the car! is this anything to worry about? is it normal?

many thanks!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
so the exhaust has no markings? doesnt sound like a blitz then,looks like one but blitz's are stamped

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe its a cheap immitation, theres no markings on it anywhere as far as I can see

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
it mught be a blitz,my nur looks the same but it has a nce blitz nur badge stamped into the side ofthe tailpipe

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
interesting, and what do you guys think about the rust in the 3rd pic? I've never seen it before due to the camera using its flash for once. probably looks worse than it is, I guess most cars its bare metal there + rain = rust. i've not got a clue tbh :)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
it does look like you have some surface rust growing under there,the car probably hasnt been undesealed

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
remove the bolt which is visible underneath and the insert should pull out..

Aitch

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never heard of this before, what does undersealing involve and is it expensive?! :O

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
price will vary from place to place,and it depends how much stuff you want to strip off to do the job

·
bla
17,374 Posts
it definately needs doing though... Get the car ramped up and scratch all that surface rust off.... It prevents rust....

But man that looks bad.....

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've never heard of this before, what does undersealing involve and is it expensive?! :O
What i did was to paint the bad bits on the underside with 2k body paint (not as bad as yours) and then spray it with clear wax oil in all nucks and crannys looks better than the yellow wax oil. i wouldnt recomment bitchamin underseal its nasty stuff. cost me nothing as i work at a body shop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts