Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, what do you think Nissan would put in the R-Chassis Skylines if they were being made today?

In terms of engines/drivetrains and gadgets in the car even. Kinda using this as a sounding board to get ideas to bring my R33 into the future and make it try to look like it was meant to be that way lol.

Interested to hear your opinions!

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
They do still make an R chassis in the form of the GTR, not quite sure what your getting at? the GTR is just a natural technological progression of the original GTR Skylines, despite Nissan saying its something else.

If they thought that the original chassis was so good they wouldn't have re developed it, I guess you could always transplant a VR38DETT into an R34 chassis or vice versa.

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was meaning more along the lines of the old R32-R34 chassis ones, non-GTR ones. I was looking at the V-Chassis ones and thinking about that.

I'm thinking more along the lines of how would people make their Skylines seem more modern, with new gadgets and technology like tyre pressure monitoring and entertainment systems, etc.

·
Registered
893 Posts
some very early 90's toyota's came with tyre tread monitoring/ active air suspension/ full trip readings etc. so that tech is nothing new. Advancements in chassis design, suspension and transmissions have clearly been utilised in the new sports offerings by nissan, honda, toyota etc. So pretty much the GTR sums up what Nissan would have / acctually have done.. The R32 was the peak of tech in 1990, the R33, r34 of their respective years.

For arguments sake, lets say they re-engineered a datsun 510 for 2015.. it'd be crap, it would no longer have what made the original car special. Newer tech and faster tech doens't always mean better tech - sometimes old equipment gives way more feedback.

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
I think I've pretty much updated my R33 technology wise, it runs Fly-by-wire control, paddle shift gearbox control and all ancillaries to cope with the 1300bhp it produces whilst suprisingly being quite at home on the street.

·
782 Posts
The way I see it they have evolved along 2 lines- the r35 for the performance, technology and looks and the g35/g37 saloons and coupes for comfortable cruisers

When I was in Tokyo all the skylines I saw were standard and the majority were 4 doors. Didn't see any modded ones so it assumed they were also built as comfortable saloons in their era not just performance and track pedigree

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,608 Posts
I think I've pretty much updated my R33 technology wise, it runs Fly-by-wire control, paddle shift gearbox control and all ancillaries to cope with the 1300bhp it produces whilst suprisingly being quite at home on the street.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts