Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I`ve got a R33 GTST and i`m looking at buying a FMIC within the next week or two. My question is what one to go for. I`ve seen cheap kits on ebay, and not so cheap kits in other places. I dont want to spend a fortune so what would people recommend for quality and fitment? Would one of the £200 ebay kits be up to the job?

·
Registered
92 Posts
japspeed do a gtr kit for the gts-t its a bit of a ballicks to fit tbh but as a kit its a cracker lookin and as far as i can see all the fmic kits you have to cut things apart from the blitz and another that i cant think of the name lol

japspeed do it for 299 for members on here (they are in the traders section)

and hello arry i was "s13rab" in sxoc ;)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Not 100% sure which mine is, but it's excellent. Also has the added bonus of not running the return pipe back over the top of the hot engine ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I`m tempted to go with one of the Ebay ones purely on price. Does anyone know of any fitment issues with them or do they pretty much go straight on?

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
one's of the guys at SJC has got an XS Power fitted mate and he says it does the job fine. Heard a lot of people say the FMIC's are OK but manifolds and turbo's should be steered clear of..

·
Registered
148 Posts
I remember someone mentioning that the cheapest FMIC is to grab a GTT R34's intercooler and it would do fine for a GTS-T R33 till 200kwrw. Is this true?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I remember someone mentioning that the cheapest FMIC is to grab a GTT R34's intercooler and it would do fine for a GTS-T R33 till 200kwrw. Is this true?
Yeah, pretty much. I'm after one for mine.

And hello S13rab :D It's like a mini reunion going on over here :bounce:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put a nice Greddy core on mine and recieved a nice 95F degree temperature drop :) And it fit nicely between the bumper lenses and i didn't have to cut the bumper to pieces to make it fit!

size is 12 x 24 x 3 (inches)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to give the ebay one a go. If I have too many issues with fitment I`ll think about going for something a bit better......but for the price I might as well give it a go. I`ll report back once i`ve got it fitted :)

·
Gold Digger Gtr
207 Posts
as been mentioned before it isnt too bad fitting to the gtst, my mate bought his one on ebay too, and fiited without any real hassle, didnt have to cut the bumper either where the number plate sits, i would though to show it off.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts