Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally decided to let the skyline go, and move on to another project...

Got a few people interested in the car and what happens!!

A flaming magpie flew over the car and dropped a set of shiny nail clippers.............straight through the drivers window!! Little bugger even landed and tried to get into the car to retrieve said shiny object!

Must be more chance of getting hit by lightening!

So autoglass were called and it will be 3 weeks before they can import the glass.......so now have to wait 3 weeks plus before i can get the new toy and sell this one!!

FECK!

Izi

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If my neighbour had not witnessed it I would not have believed it myself

Lucky bird though as it was gone by the time i arrived,,, would have stammped on it's head!

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
That has got to be one the most bizarre insurance claims i have ever heard. Good job the bonnet wasn't open or who knows what it would have made off with! :D

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
That is a weird story, I like it, shame you have to wait so long for a window, can you not source one from a scrap yard?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Wasn't me!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went through insurance so had to use autoglass

Auto glass only fit new parts as RB motorsport offered glass for 160+Vat but still would need fitted

No idea if this is big job or not so suppose I will just wait

C

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was hit by a seagull and shatterd the screen used autoglass also for insurance reasons but took the 3 days to source me a screen and 3 hours to fit. so dont think its a big job.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i think roadrunner will have one from altorque as well, if you source a 2nd hand one most autoglass places will fit it for you...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tried to get them to fit the glass that has been offered but they won't do the work!
Something about there procedures and they might lose there job

really wanted the car gone by now as new toy waiting to be finalised :(

izi

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Auto glass only fit new parts as RB motorsport offered glass for 160+Vat but still would need fitted.
Autoglass WILL fit "customer supplied" glass. They did do with me although you are charged fitting @ £60 for a passenger side window, in my case.

The Leeds depot have done it without ANY problems.

My excess was £50 so paid the extra and got them to do it and bypassed insurance.

Got my glass from SP Autos as Autoglass were quoting stupid lead times.

I also had a conversation with an Autoglass engineer only two weeks ago when I was having the Mondeo done who said to just give them a call and any glass supplied by the customer they will fit. (Dewsbury Branch)

Theyre yanking your chain mate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts