Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to find the strangest things when im cleaning my car, spare ignition key, japanese receipts etc. On this occassion i have found this black box underneath the shelf under the steerig column, does anyone have a clue as to what it is? Its called a "r spec safety indicator" then on the bottom it has "data system" and next to that there are 4 tiny switches: "on", "1", "2", "3", "4" with number 3 switch pushed forward.

Does anyone know what this is or what it does?!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My initial thoughts was that it was some sort of alarm/immob as but i think im tend to agree with Tex.

Am i right in saying that the apexi version reads info from the ecu and other sensors, then to obtain this data you plug in to a diagnostic port?

If so does this mean at some point the info viewer screen has been removed?

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
well i can only speak for the apexi power meter, it ties into the engine speed and revs and voltage iirc, then into the box with the four dipswitches and then on to a gauge showing the bhp. if u need pics ask, but they are different more or less

was there any other port to plug into or any spare cables coming off it i am away to look at ur pics again,

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was some sort of plug not being used so it could be that. When the light is better I will get some more pics up to mo and see what you think.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is it a turbo timer? Each switch keeping it running for a different length of time? Just throwing in a suggestion really as not too sure

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RXIIIV, that is it, it has to be, I think it must be something to do with the second link, cos the car already has a factory fit turbo timer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts