Skyline Owners Forum banner

What makes one GTT better then the other?

• Engine mods

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Colour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Condition

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Other factors which cannot be changed (such as year of manufacture)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other factors which can be changed (such as body kit)

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been looking to get an r34 GTT and there is a huge range of prices. I was wondering what makes one GTT more expensive then the other, is it just the condition? Possible extras? Color?
Is buying a cheaper GTT for example for 20,000 and spending another 10 to 15K a good option rather then buying an already restored 40K GTT?

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There will be localised factors that affect how much these things go for in your country. Generally though it's a mixture of condition and mods.
An unmolested Skyline is a rare beast these days so original examples are more desirable now than they were previously.
A well modified example in good condition is also going to be on the expensive side.
As for what's best, that's down to the individual. Want a fairly trouble free car to drive and enjoy straight away? Probably be worth buying a good going example with the mods you want IF you can afford it. Looking for a project car to build in your own time to your own spec? You can maybe buy a cheaper car that's not in tip top shape, just try and avoid rust buckets as you end up spending time and money on boring things like the boot floor(ask me how I know😄). Instead of fun things like turbos and intercooler. Your still going to spend a lot of cash but at least not all in one go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be localised factors that affect how much these things go for in your country. Generally though it's a mixture of condition and mods.
An unmolested Skyline is a rare beast these days so original examples are more desirable now than they were previously.
A well modified example in good condition is also going to be on the expensive side.
As for what's best, that's down to the individual. Want a fairly trouble free car to drive and enjoy straight away? Probably be worth buying a good going example with the mods you want IF you can afford it. Looking for a project car to build in your own time to your own spec? You can maybe buy a cheaper car that's not in tip top shape, just try and avoid rust buckets as you end up spending time and money on boring things like the boot floor(ask me how I know😄). Instead of fun things like turbos and intercooler. Your still going to spend a lot of cash but at least not all in one go.
Thanks for tour response :) My idea was to buy a gtt and restore it well, then continue to save up money and sell the gtt and buy a gtr. But I think its more worth it to wait and continue saving up for the gtr, what do you think please?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Up to you really. I suppose if it were just a case of waiting a little longer then why not go GTR? Tis the fastest one with all the goodies after all.
I was actually looking at buying a Dacia Logan MCV when I came across my GTS-T. So I can't say I really planned it. Never thought I would own a Skyline. I didn't really know much about them until I got mine. I'm from a remote part of Britain, there were only two Skylines around up north when I was a kid. They were fabled beasts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Up to you really. I suppose if it were just a case of waiting a little longer then why not go GTR? Tis the fastest one with all the goodies after all.
I was actually looking at buying a Dacia Logan MCV when I came across my GTS-T. So I can't say I really planned it. Never thought I would own a Skyline. I didn't really know much about them until I got mine. I'm from a remote part of Britain, there were only two Skylines around up north when I was a kid. They were fabled beasts.
i guess its better to wait. I was thinking I could make some money off of the restoration but it might be not worth the time.

thanks for your help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts