Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,i've come to the point where i've got used to the power of my car and being slightly gready i want more!i've already got an induction kit and exhaust so i'm thinking maybe a remap and chip also i'm limiting myself to under a grand as it's insurance time for my work car,any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
ECU

Hi.

I'm going the same way at the mo'. Get a second hand stage 1 chip or a F-CON, Power FC etc from someone on here or the register, then get Abbey or whoever's nearest to dyno it on.

Treat your beast to some irridium plugs as well, and downpipes if you haven't done so already.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys,thanks for the replies i have'nt got a down pipe so thats certainly worth considering and as i thought a chip/ecu could also be the way to go.Andy i'll ring you later in the week as i'm on the move alot this week,cheers guys.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already done the rear wheel drive thing as i owned a 200sx and a MR 2 GTS the 200 was'nt too bad but the MR was constantly trying to spin it could'nt handle the power even in a gentle bend it wanted to scrabble fast as f**k though skyline performance with rear wheel drive.if you floored it in third it would wheel spin and if it rained you could have tried aquaplaneing!

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jaffacake i here what your saying but it's a case of been there done that,it was time to move on.i'd always admired the skyline but the japanese bloke who bought my 200 was telling me all about them he said that of all the cars in japan the skyline was king,a legend, a car that lived up to it's reputation,i was sold and my gtr was bought.i don't think there that different than rear wheel drive anyway until you come to sharp bends but even then they will slide if you give them enough abuse.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An experienced skyline driver told me that if you go at a corner at high speed try not to brake as this can actually stop the steering gizmo's working i'm not sure if this is true though but then again i've never tried it for fear of wrecking my car!BTW almost bought an RX7 myself i love em but the only thing that put me off was if you have passengers you'd have to cut their legs off to get them in the back!

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:D yeah know what you mean it's the mrs fault she would'nt let me have one unless you could get passengers in!

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats me but then again my mrs could be a wrestler if she wanted,oh sh*t if she see's this i'm dead!

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Cornering

Re the "no brakes" philosophy.

I find that easing off prior to the corner then drive through is the trick. Braking does seem to mess up the car happily shooting you round the bend without much concern for what you expect it to do (i.e. hurtle off the road).

The only car I've ever driven where cornering is a case of 'point & shoot'. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts