Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had my skyline on the road for around 2 weeks and cant believe the mpg im gettin !!
it has the mods in my signiture and im gettin 40 miles to £20 driving it soft.
was just wondering if something is wrong or is this normal ??
thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
you cant driving that softly!!! thats only bout 10mpg, if driven softly you might get over 20mpg but normally arond 15 mpg

although 4inch exhaust all the way thro wont be to good for fuel consumption

·
Registered
733 Posts
Matty you have a problem! They don't do lots to the gallon, but I drove to Bristol and back (about 70 miles) on less than quarter of a tank yesterday about 70 all the way on the M5/M4 (officer!), plus some time sat in traffic.

Need to get it checked out mate.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was chuffed the other week, I drove from Horsham to Copmanthorpe in York, something like 270miles the other day, and still had a quarter of a tank left. Just turned the boost controller off and kept it to a steady 60-70 for most of the way.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I can get about 300 miles to a tank with 400+bhp.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
I dont look, i drive it, it drinks it, I refill it, and so on...... know i dont get a great amount of mpg, but thats yet another 'joy' of owning an auto :grinno:

R

·
0 Posts
18-22mpg with a mix of town and occasional heavy right foot.

Last time I went to Alton Towers with the missus I was getting 320 miles from the tank at a steady 80mph. Will be curious to see how she does when I drive to Lincoln / Wales on thursday.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
18-22mpg with a mix of town and occasional heavy right foot.

Last time I went to Alton Towers with the missus I was getting 320 miles from the tank at a steady 80mph. Will be curious to see how she does when I drive to Lincoln / Wales on thursday.
Now I want to cry! :shakehead:

R

·
0 Posts
I'll bring my special wellies, and of course, there are plenty of cliffs there.

I'll need to find one for those cold nights on Pennyfan.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Don't forget the velcro gloves for the sheep!

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Pretty much what I'll be shouting when I get hold of one!

What spec is your car Jo? I thought 18-22 was pretty dire myself, is yours worse than that?!
Tbh Im not actually sure how many mpg I get, must pay attention, I know its not very good, it is much better on long journeys, absolutely crap on short runs, cos the auto box is constantly changing, probs get around 200ish to a tank.

As for spec, its SPECial! :boogy:

R

·
0 Posts
Tbh Im not actually sure how many mpg I get, must pay attention, I know its not very good, it is much better on long journeys, absolutely crap on short runs, cos the auto box is constantly changing, probs get around 200ish to a tank.

As for spec, its SPECial! :boogy:
I'd expect 200 to a tank with a mix of town driving and right foot fun. I'm sure I could get much better MPG if I drove sensibly for 95% of the time....whereas it's more like 60% sensible, 20% semi-sensible 10% traffic light launch practice and 10% 'spirited' driving on private test tracks.

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
300 mto 350 a tank in mine, std R33 GTS with exhaust and airfilter, thats short runs to work, get even better on a long run, but then i can be a bit of a granny!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I did a quick calculation and seem to be getting about 20mpg

1 - 20 of 53 Posts