Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be doing an oil change tomorrow and I never know what to put in, car has done 70000 miles, air filter, downpipe back exhaust.

Can some one recommend a decent oil and what type, need to be able to get it locally tomorrow at my motor factors or halfords...

Cheers

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Did you get your head sorted mate?? Oil wise i use silkoline pro r 15-50 well i will be once its ran in anyway. Halfords should have it in, its a bit pricey from them tbh though

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Head is now sorted thanks to Andy, got a second hand head from him, all swapped over and now running, got a few teething problems but just to let you know the oil and filter change fixed my rattle, must have been a noisy lifter, the oil was overdue a change, 4000 hard miles and it had obviously injested some water when the head came off because it was a nasty colour...

I hope to get back on the road this week, lots of odds and ends to tidy up, just need the effort to do it now, needs about another 1-2 hours, how is yours going?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I used Silkolene Pro S 10w-50, got it from the oilman on here next day service with filter
Same oil, and same place but got 5w40 pro S. Advised by oilman for current mods & use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts