Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and cant find a straight answer really.

I just want to know what turbos will go on the gts with minimal fitment issues e.g td06/t3t4/gt series etc...

Obviously manifold and things will change with the bigger turbos but surley someone must have done this before.

What companies could supply a kit or make a kit external/internal waistgate options ????

do the t28's go on or make differance any help much appreciated :cheers:

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Two of the most popular choices seem to be the HKS 2530, which I think is good for up to 330-350, and the Trust TD-06. There's quite a few sub-models of the Trust, but I think they average around 400-500hp.
There also an RB25 turbo rebuilt with steel internals.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
i have an hks2530 - was fitted before i bought the car so don't know how hard it was to fit, but do know it uses the standard downpipe.

376bhp atf and 360 lb/ft torque @ 1.3 bar
Showoff! :dogpile:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats spot on so what turbos are direct fit and what need extra parts such as manifold and downpipe, how easily obtainable are the turbos/kits and rough prices.

My target is around 350 dont want to do internal work well not yet.

Im liking the sound of the hks power output was there much else needed to run this turbo i guess u need bigger injectors z32 afm fuel pump stand alone like power fc ????

Sorry kinda newb to all this still but not new to the jap world and tuning

Help is appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
760 Posts
It all dolls down to how much you want to spend really mate! Probably the cheapest option is to get steel internals put in a RB25 turbo, looking at around £500 - £600 id a thought! But its not just the turbo you have to upgrade, you have to upgrade the fueling, remap an so on, you will also have to get a metal head gasget aswel, as the standard one can only take 1.2 bar wich limits you to around 300 - 330bhp i belive!

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
i have an hks2530 - was fitted before i bought the car so don't know how hard it was to fit, but do know it uses the standard downpipe.

376bhp atf and 360 lb/ft torque @ 1.3 bar
Thats a nice figure dude! :smoker:

Does it feel any closer to your S14 yet?! :D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Showoff! :dogpile:
hell yeah, if you got it flaunt i say! :D

Thats a nice figure dude! :smoker:

Does it feel any closer to your S14 yet?! :D
it's a lot easier to drive, my s13 was a bit of an animal. if we ever see each other at a meet i'll let you have a go mate, you won't believe the difference!

Thats spot on so what turbos are direct fit and what need extra parts such as manifold and downpipe, how easily obtainable are the turbos/kits and rough prices.

My target is around 350 dont want to do internal work well not yet.

Im liking the sound of the hks power output was there much else needed to run this turbo i guess u need bigger injectors z32 afm fuel pump stand alone like power fc ????

Sorry kinda newb to all this still but not new to the jap world and tuning

Help is appreciated :cheers:
there is some lag with the 2530, don't get full boost till just after 4000. doesn't bother me tho it's easy enough to drop a cog and lag makes the boost all the more impressive when it does come in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts