Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What paint do you guys use when you paint the part of the engine around the coil over cover ??

Been looking for some high temp paint but can't find any in white so far ??

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well tried ebay but no luck there, haven't tried the local shops yet !! thought someone might have some better answers, I know someone on here has done a few engine bay make overs on peoples cars

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
well tried ebay but no luck there, haven't tried the local shops yet !! thought someone might have some better answers, I know someone on here has done a few engine bay make overs on peoples cars
Exactly the same as me... I tried ebay and nothing !! I found that quite surprising really.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
ive painted my engine twice. i used Plasticote paints the first time. and halford spray cans of a ford colour the second. both finishes have lasted well.

take the cam covers off (see maint setcion for how toos..) and they are easy to degrease and clean. a good couple of coats of primer, and you'll be ok.

metallics will require sealer over them, (sealer or clear cote runns dead easy be frugal with it)

as for white, i painted engine covers, though it wasnt my best job cos we were rushed. those were white. i'll add pics in a sec.

first paint job

second.

in white:

·
5,050 Posts
go to your local car paint supplyer i used a locl one in Harol hill in Romford called bakers whem I'm passing i can get some more info for you guys

i done that in the past they will point you in the right direction and even mix the colour that you want

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive painted my engine twice. i used Plasticote paints the first time. and halford spray cans of a ford colour the second. both finishes have lasted well.

take the cam covers off (see maint setcion for how toos..) and they are easy to degrease and clean. a good couple of coats of primer, and you'll be ok.

metallics will require sealer over them, (sealer or clear cote runns dead easy be frugal with it)

as for white, i painted engine covers, though it wasnt my best job cos we were rushed. those were white. i'll add pics in a sec.
LOL I did a quick job on the plastic coil over cover didn't last well !! So thats now being done again but black.

Thought about plasticote but wasn't sure how well it would hold up on there !!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i know we take the mick out of "halfrauds" but they mixed up the paint for the respray of my stagea. the paint match was spot on, only let down by my spraying skills.

as for the temp, i thnk when i was researching this at the time some one siad on her that the plasticotes go up to 150 plus degrees, so fine for anything less than an exhaust.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i doubt the cam covers get over 80 or 90 even when going hard. the exhaust though it another matter. 700 ish onthe NA and hugely more onthe turbos

1 - 20 of 34 Posts