Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For fitting a HKS timing belt (provided by me) and the 3 auxilliary belts on the front provided by them at roughly £10 i said that they would cost for each one?
I have just been quoted 237 of my finest pounds for this job. Is this a fair quote or have they seen me coming?

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
A local garage to me quoted me for a cam belt change over and a service £350. He used to have a R33 and thinks we all must have loads of money. He reckons that to supply and fit the cam belt would be about £195. I think thats too dear. It isnt as hard a job on the Skyline as it is on the 300ZX and I paid £125 to have that cam belt supplied and fitted. If that any good for you to gauge what sort of cost they want? But all garages vary as you know so you are going to have to get on the blower and ask I think.

HTH
vini

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
125, better than what he quoted. he reckons 237 for fitment for all the belts minus supplying the cam belt which im providing. im ringing around now. apparantly its fairly easy too. damn rip off merchants!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P&B Nissan in Louth, Lincoln quoted me for parts, fine, then they reckoned that it would take 8 hours to do the work at 48quid an hour labour...hmmmmmm, i dont think so. 450 quid? f**k that! :loser: Wont be going there then! :rofl:

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
cost me 200 pounds for a service, supply and fit the timing belt is £200 here in scotland

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers stef, longhairedboy put me in contact with a local-ish garage that has done cars like this before so im just awaiting contact back with a price. fingers crossed. cheers guys :D

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
good luck mate and i posted this on your other thread but im a car mechanic and to supply and fit my cam belt cost me £14.... and it was a genuine oe jap belt. and it does the same job as your hks one im afraid but thats my opinion buddy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know, i jus figured an oem one would be purely for an unmodded skyline but as there is rarely an unmodded skyline out there id need an uprated one.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
cheers stef, longhairedboy put me in contact with a local-ish garage that has done cars like this before so im just awaiting contact back with a price. fingers crossed. cheers guys :D

Can you PM me details fella, although I'm sure it's same garage

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
i know, i jus figured an oem one would be purely for an unmodded skyline but as there is rarely an unmodded skyline out there id need an uprated one.
well we will find out as ill be leaving that belt on it when i go for 400 bhp:devil:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ii supplied my own Trust Greddy kevlar reinforced belts, cost for fitting all was around £95 at a proper garage, MOT licensed etc.

Aitch

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If I recall correctly they charged £63 for the cambelt and fitted the others while they were at it and the invoice was less than £100.

Aitch

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
i think they have to take the others off anyway to do the timing belt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts