Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, any experts out there. which is the better unit, i have a kenwood kdc-4020 cd/radio with removable face and a pioneer mosfet cd/radio with flip-down/removable face, both 4x50 watt, both about the same age. which one deserves a place in my skyline, any tech info/opinions greatly received. cheers. :drivin:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Defo With Out Doubt.100% Certain Much Much Better.streets Ahead
Men Against Boys.out Of Its Leauge.no Contest..the Kenwood..........
Ile Buy The Pioneer Of You....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thankyou fellas for your valuable contribution, looks like the pioneer gets the slot.......kenwood up for grabs then!!!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
what model of pioneer is it btw?,model numers can make the difference between audiophile heaven and ear piercing deafness

i just bagged a deh 77mp for my skyline,wish this rain would stop so i could put it in

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
if ur pioneer is a flip down i'd punt it, The ribbons fade and snap did in both my kenwood an pioneer that i had keep the kenwood will last for ever and wont look out of place at all in ur car.....but i have been runnin a jvc with usb slot for last year now, had it in my passat(so wrong i know) then my jeep then golf, An now in my R33 fantastic an usb is so great can rob music blind at various houses easy to update an a 4gb pen is about £25 if ur willin to shop around....the head units now start at about £60 sell both old ones an remember summit shiny an new is always better lol

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
i have been runnin a jvc with usb slot for last year now, had it in my passat(so wrong i know) then my jeep then golf, An now in my R33 fantastic an usb is so great can rob music blind at various houses easy to update an a 4gb pen is about £25 if ur willin to shop around....the head units now start at about £60 sell both old ones an remember summit shiny an new is always better lol

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
Sorry reason for changin my post was, I thought u meant flip down as in the way the old Kenwood mask system that had ribbons. Pioneer made something similar i bought both an both ribbons snapped on me. I take it u mean the face comes down so u can put the disc in. But i still say sell both an buy new especially if it's a new car. First thing i did was replace the leather gaiters in mine and gear knob. As the old ones were faded no one else will know i've done it but still makes me smiles. It's the lil things that u appreciate cos only u know they're there. Next to go on is my steering wheel which is in the boot just have to find a boss kit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts