Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed my dampers and I did initially drop it 50mm all the way round.

The front looked like I'd just gone 2 far so its been changed back to 30 at the front and 50 at the rear....

Is this too much of a difference or should I set them the same....

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's all a matter of personal opinion and as long as it handles alright to you, then I wouldn't worry bout it.

50mm drop at the rear will probably incur a fair bit of camber and toe change though, so be prepared to scrub tyres unless you have top mounts and a full alingment in hand

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
im sure mine is lowered 50mm all round and it handles fine, just like poo to a blanket :D

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll up the rears as they just go into the arches a little too much and dont match the front.....

The car handles amazingly, but compared to what I had before there isn't any a comparison as it was well knackerd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, What spring rates did oyu go for and did you do the dampers? need to drop mine too. do you have any pics of 50mm drop allround?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use Tein Superstreets which are 4/4's - any heavier than that they tend to get quite uncomfortable for the road

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i do need to raise the back now as it looks like i have a fat bird in the boot!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts