Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there scotties im gttjohn from ireland im thinking of headding to aberdeen next week for a weekend whats the nightlife like and is it friendly ,also what should i see like is it worth renting a car to visit lock ness and the mountains and would i need to rent a 4x4 ,like is the weather bad sorry for my ignorance guys and girls thanks

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
hi lots of places in aberdeen and great nitelife..a lot of pubs in the city centre , union street and belmond street areas ..you cant go wrong :D

as for travelling to loch ness etc at the moment the snows bad up inverness way but if it gets better its worth it..some of the roads are great ..but as i say alot of snow the last few weeks and cant see it getting much better before next week

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i was in aberdeen once......it was closed.

·
Seasoned Member
1,834 Posts
i was in aberdeen once......it was closed.
Yeah, that was in 1973 Joe.
Things have changed a lot since then ;)

There's plenty of night life on Union street and around Belmont street, as Shaky mentioned, plus lots of students from the university spend their grants there:D

Some folk are friendly, usually the afore mentioned students:cuddle:, locals tend to be miserable and pick fights, so be careful there. Union street is always full of brawls in the early hours once folk are turfed out of the clubs:boxing:

If the weather isn't too shite, it's worth taking a drive up to Inverness and taking a look around Loch Ness, it really is stunning.:bigthumb:

I hope you enjoy Aberdeen, personally I think it's a sh*t hole and can't wait to get out of here. Before I get lynched ;) I have to say that I find the rest of Scotland far nicer and better than Aberdeen by a mile:bigthumb:

While you're here you may even see a Skyline or two, give them a wave..they might be members of this community. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts