·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

on the r33...the standard breaks are at best dangerous

they simply cannot hold the car

can anyone tell me what i should do to improve the situation

my buddy has an r34 and it doesnt have the same problem but he spent something in the region of 8 k to make it that way.

any help apprecaited.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Start by changing the brake fluid, if that's no good change the pads, if thats no good change the discs.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Hi

on the r33...the standard brakes are at best dangerous

they simply cannot hold the car
I'm going to disagree with that, I use the brakes hard and repeatadly on twisty mountain passes and have never had any fade or juddering, the ABS doesn't kick in even under extreme braking.

I've changed the pads to Endless SSS and the fluid still running stock disks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks standard brakes are adaquate! If you are struggling maybe your brakes are ****ed? How much power are you running? By the way wtf has your mate got if it cost 8 grand? Trust alcons only cost about 3!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
No need for anything like that money..

DBA 4000 series grooved (Wiper slot) front discs, Ferodo 2500 pads, Motul 5.1 fluid and braided hoses, total approximate costs including labour around £700.

The above assumes the 296mm discs and 4 pot standard Nissan (Sumitomo) calipers, when the above prescription simply stops the vehicle, under all and any road conditions I've met. No squeal, no fade, no histrionics whatsoever, and oh so smooth and quiet.

Aitch

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry not 8...he told me he paid 6 k ...on his breaking system....yeah i thought it was nuts too...as my entire car is worth half that ...he wrote it off and had to rebuild the car again...so maybe that had something to do with it...

his r34 is running on 600 bhp...

a truely evil beast...

il get him to join and post some pics...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts