Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Im finally after my first skyline and it has to be an r32 :D..

I've looked at a few but theres two I've seen today that I really liked.

I've always wanted a GTS4 but have read they use a decent amount more gas and I know they'd also be harder to find bits for for manual conversions.

What would you guys recommend?

At the moment Im after auto fairly standard as I have plans to do it up myself
so gtst or gts4, would love it if you guys could share your opinions and experiences with both.

Also how hard are parts for gts4s to find?

Cheers

·
New Zealand Area Rep
797 Posts
Hey bro i reckon it depends on what you want out of the car and what you are willing to throw at it.

GTS4s will be harder to manual convert as you have to get a 4wd box (and they are heavy as) and they cost a bit more and slightly higher running costs due to the 4wd gear on it that might need repair in the future. Although they are great for getting up mount ruapehu and all, or weaving round the hills.

GTSTs are quite straightforward in my opinion, althought 25det GTSTs cost a lot more than 20dets. You have your straight up RWD (for skidding or whatever you like to do) and they are just fun as hell to drive

Part wise though they should all be the same for the motor and brakes etc so you shouldnt worry too much about that, and skyline parts are cheap enough anyway.

The good thing is in nz you can easily get away with manual conversion and everything and have no cert so you should be sweet for that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As far as I know theres no real difference between the 4wheel and the standard GTST, apart from the ATESSA 4 wheel drive system obviously part numbers seem to be identical

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
IMO its GTST or GTR the gts4 never comes into it for me, its just kind of an inbetween car that IMO was a gtr but they ran out of rb26's for it.

so if you want to go drifting etc or do a fair bit of messing in it then its gtst for you.

but if you want it for speed and agility and track days instead of drifting then gtr is for you. each to thier own it is with these cars.

ps im also liking the 4 doors lately too

·
New Zealand Area Rep
213 Posts
Hell yea! I bought a 4 door recently and im starting to like it more and more! They look reeeeallly good when they are lowered on nice rims and are tidy (unlike mine its a mess at the moment lol).

But to answer your question I would buy a GTST over a GTS4, I like fully RWD cars and so theres no point in buyn a GTS4 if ur gna do the RWD fuse trick, just excess weight to carry :) Or if ur more into track etc like mick said above then a GTS4 wud be gud but a GTR wud be even better if u can afford it!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I own a gts4 becasue i like to get around connors quick sideways flooring it and not have to worry about it spinning out! thank you ATESSA

gtsts are about 1320 kg and gts4 are 1480kg curb waight.
gtst has a smaller gear boxs obviously meaning less frictional loss in the drive train meaning basicly more powa at the rears witch is a plus.

yeah you just pull the top left fuse little 10amp one and shes in rwd mode cuts ur abs at the same time - witch some ppl may not be to fond of lol.

I know ppl that have planted stagea RS4 motors (25dets Awd) in to there gts4s and come away with a good result.

What do you want out of your car? drift/hill weapon or ladie pleaser?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.