Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse the Newbie question. Want to eventually change the Turbo on my GTS. My question is will any other turbo fit?

I know a t28 off a GTR will fit, will any other Nissan one work? Off a Pulsar or a 200sx? Or maybe from another brand, Mitsibushi, Toyota etc. (Yes it does seem unlikely but you never know)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
standard turbo rebuilt with t4 internals will be good for 400bhp poss a bit more and a straight fit of course :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A gtr turbo is smaller than the gts turbo..
But is it stronger?

I know I can run a bar on the std t25 but know its gonna be under a lot of strain. All I really want is something I can do a straight swap with.

Mate of mine works with Evo Rally cars and they have a of Evo T5s laying about. Would one of these work?

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
you really wanne be running 0,85 BAR max on your standard turbo

it doesnt matter if one GTR turbo is stronger than your GTS turbo, its way too small for a 2.5L engine

as for straight swap HKS have a few with T3 flange, or you can get your standard turbo highflowed + rebuild with steel internals, or get the RSP hybrid, ...

think you'll be better off looking for a vehicle specific turbo than searching all over for a turbo that would bolt on , not knowing how much it suits the RB25 regarding flow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts