Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to choose some new rear tyres & cant decide what i like best. What does everyone else run on. These are what im thinking of.........

Falken FK-451
Falken ZE-512
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3
Yokohama AVS Sport.

Any input?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Eagle F1 have been the best for me so far and I have had a few.
On SP 9000's now and they are almost as good

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What sort of mileage do you get out of the F1s?
Ive got SP 2000`s on the front of mine & im thinking about getting them again so all 4 tyres are the same but the F1`s & the other 3 ive listed are a bit cheaper.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i have gone for Kuhmo tyres on the rear and P7000 on the front.

Lasted well for the track day at Llandow and been on the car now for about 2 months. happy with them at the moment too.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had Yoko`s all round on my Lancia years ago & they only lasted the drive home from the tyre place that fitted them. I swore never again.

Sarky how do you get on mixing tyres like that on a 4 wheel drive car?
Khumos are now another option.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I have a ratio of three to one, Three sets of rears to one set of fronts. Rears seem to just go up in smoke.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bugger.
Just had a look at thKumho web site & they do some nice looking boots.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
yoko's wear very quickly but the grip is unbelivable i had them on my astra 16v (which don't handle well) it transformed it into a car that could handle tight corners even when wet.i also notice most jap race teams use them too,however my car still has the japanese michelin's it came off the boat with they are also very good similar to the yoko's for grip but slightly more hard wearing but their name escapes me......doh!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone heard of or using Kumho ECSTA 712`s?. Its a toss up between these for £84 each

Attachments

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I had the falken FK451's on both the pulsar and the GTR and found them to be a good tyre...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
or the F1s for 117 quid.

lost the price for the 451`s but this is them

Attachments

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
whose got a 4wd drive car... you swearing at me. i dont need 4wd to go around corners. :eek:)

Dont forget to get a quote from Bracknell tyres : 01344 411323

their prices are great.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have found that AVON ZZ3's are a very capable tyre in both wet & dry conditions albeit I had them on a Rover 220 Coupe..! They have the same pattern as the F1's.. And have a firm(ish) compound..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Decided on the Falken 512`s in the end. Hope to have em with me next week & can get on the road again.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
I know i dont own a skyline, but F1 in my opinion are the best tyre in the world ever. Tried Yoko's very grippy, but last a long a something else rubber on a bodily part.

Heard a lot of good things about the Khumo's may be worth a try.

Also heard that the compound on the new F1's have changed and are not a good as the old ones.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts