Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at getting some new tyres but cant afford the really expensive good stuff. What i have found is in my budget are Avon, Kumho, Falken and everything that are cheaper than them. Just after oppinions of what people would recommend as i was going to go with the Avons as they look the best tread pattern wise but just wondered what others would recommend.
P.S. I cant afford Toyos or Yokos :shakehead:

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only reason i really looked at avon was because a friend of mine used a set for drifting and he said they were really grippy tyres but there would be several factors to take into consideration there such as the track surface and stuff :D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i've got toyo proxes t1 s on the rear of mine and tbh i hate them! feels really unstable so i'm going back to federals. alot of people i've spoken to all use different brands, but say they work the best for them. i know its not really what you wanted to hear but if you found a brand that works for you, stick with them and you'll always be happy.

·
Registered
441 Posts
. i know its not really what you wanted to hear but if you found a brand that works for you, stick with them and you'll always be happy.
that's very true. I'm a big fan of BF Goodrich Profiler G's but no-one will believe me they're a good tyre :spank:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
thats what i was trying to get across arry.
just because someone else says you have to use these brands doesn't mean that they are right or that the brand will work for you.
you always get this , its like being back at school and peer pressure all over again.

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
toally agree with you guys, I use Pirelli's and they've completely changed the car's handling since switching from the Falken's... I would really recommend people trying Pirelli's (P Zero's), for some reason they have a bad name on skyline's

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive gone with the falken 452s as she currently wears falkens but they are cheaper ones i think (They were on when i bought it) and they are not too bad.
They will hopefully be as good if not better on my new rims :D

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
a few things need consideration as in how long have you got the car? how much "playing" do you do in it? like if ya only have it a short while youll be out sideways at every bend... why?....because you can:D therefore no matter how much ya spend on tyres youll be getting more soon so the cheaper the better in that case, but if ya have it a bit longer and have passed that stage then the bit more expensive for the grip as you can really handle the car and want to use its full potential, and the dearer the tyre the better it is otherwise they'd all be the same price ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.