Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:attention::attention::attention: Does anyone know what MAKE & MODEL these wheels are ?? I want to get the center caps etc for them... !?

^These are the only stickers on them, if that helps at all ??

Regards

Martin :cheers:

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
They might be Impul wheels.... I had a set on my old R33 and while your centre is different, the polished lip and all those allen bolts look VERY similar!
I can also see the lip and the area where the bolts are are separate to the centre, meaning the centre can probably be changed. That's consistent with the wheels I had too - mine were a 3 piece wheel.

Here are the 2 best pics I have of them, the first pic gets larger if you click on it, the second pic isn't the nicest to look at :(. Please don't be mocking the tri spokes lol, I bought them with the car, they're a damn good brand, they're 3 piece, they're wide with a staggered fitment and they grew on me during my ownership :D

·
9,198 Posts
The centre caps are a little different, they're 2 piece.... I got a large plastic tool (something like a wingnut) to undo the very centre (it's threaded), once that's removed the larger centre piece comes off

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for quick reply !!

The centre caps are a little different, they're 2 piece.... I got a large plastic tool (something like a wingnut) to undo the very centre (it's threaded), once that's removed the larger centre piece comes off
Hi, cheers for the speedy reply mate :) ...I have decided to try n track down the company..

They appear to have a Facebook page..

https://www.facebook.com/rk.excel?fref=ts

I went on the Japanese Web-Site first of all but when I went to contact them I was re-directed to a list of other global web pages for them.. Then I figured why not run a search for them on Facebook and an American page came up for them... I have just sent them the following message :-

'Hi, I've recently got some wheels for my R33 SKYLINE they are made by your company.. could you tell me what 'make' & 'model' they are please ? I've added some pics below :-

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2295/imag1485u.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...80867827_n.jpg

I'am trying to find a set of center-cap's for them and would like as much info on them as I can get... So I figured you'd be the best place to start.

I really hope you can help me..

Please reply asap

Regards

Martin/Skyline-Noob

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...197896&page=11 '

Hopefully I'll get a reply soon (fingers crossed) ! - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FOUND THIS !!

I just found this car for sale on another forum :-

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/70913-eve...pix-added.html

These are the exact same wheels !! :dogpile:

Here is the info I have so far :-

RK EXCEL JAWA 18" SPLIT RIM ALLOYS .........But mine are 17's !!

at least I can now see what the center caps will look like....

:attention::attention:Just a case of tracking down a set now !? - Martin.:Uzi:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
They look similar to the ones that came on Tommy Kairas.

·
9,198 Posts
Different brand but wow the style is similar! Glad you found your answer mate :bigthumb:

^^^
Those pics are proof GTRs need the factory spoiler... they look naked without it :(

·
HugoBoss
70 Posts
If you not successful, there's plenty on e bay, universal ones but just as good, one place you just need to give them the size you want.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
RK EXCEL JAWA ALLOYS not MANARAY's !?

they are not RK EXCEL JAWA 18" SPLIT RIM ALLOYS

they are MANARAY SPORT MS-6 WHEELS

ABOVE ARE A FEW PICS I FOUND FOR MANARAY SPORT MS-6 WHEELS.. The do look more or less the same.. But I do believe mine are infact the Jap RK EXCEL JAWA rims since below are the stickers I peeled off them :-

:attention:
This does make me wonder though if the Manaray Center Caps would fit on the RK Excel Jawa rims !??

I have no idea what rims are better either the Manarays or the RK's ??

I've heard universal center-caps are available on E-Bay...But I really want to get the originals if I can..

I really appreciate any and all help you can offer me! :) & thanks for bringing the Manarays to my attention :) ..I wonder which company copied the other? lol...

I really hope I can find a set of original center-caps soon

Regards

Martin :cheers:

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are not Manaray wheels the label clearly states they are EXCEL wheels ....lol

Sent using TapatalkHD
:attention:
Which make are better/most desirable/rarer to get ?? I have E-Mailed 'Rare-Rims' and asked them if they can sort me out with replacement center-caps...or can point me in the right direction for some as well... they have replied and I have sent them a pic of the stickers to as they required more info..

I really would like to put a set of original 'RK EXCEL JAWA center-caps' any idea's ??

There seems to be loads of info on RK Excel 'BIKE WHEELS' and moto-cross stuff but I can find almost ZERO when it comes to their car stuff !? - Martin.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The jawa is not the brand or make name of the alloy but is
JAPAN LIGHT ALLOY WHEEL ASSOCIATION japan aliminium wheels bearing the Quality Certificate stickers have been covered by this PL insurance policyin Japan since 1998.

Like jasma on Japanese exhaust

Manaray Sport wheels is the company, brand and come up with the design and marketing. but are manufactured by R.K. Excel of Japan.
Which is a factory that make alloys for other company's as well.

Manaray Sport wheels manufactured by R.K. Excel of Japan, Model #MS-6 Hyper. R.K. Excel still makes racing wheels for motorcycles, but not for autos.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The jawa is not the brand or make name of the alloy but is
JAPAN LIGHT ALLOY WHEEL ASSOCIATION japan aliminium wheels bearing the Quality Certificate stickers have been covered by this PL insurance policyin Japan since 1998.

Like jasma on Japanese exhaust

Manaray Sport wheels is the company, brand and come up with the design and marketing. but are manufactured by R.K. Excel of Japan.
Which is a factory that make alloys for other company's as well.

Manaray Sport wheels manufactured by R.K. Excel of Japan, Model #MS-6 Hyper. R.K. Excel still makes racing wheels for motorcycles, but not for autos.

i couldnt have put it bettter, thank you mikey magic. 2410Davie, sometimes its good to look deeper than just to look at a sticker...lol

·
4,543 Posts
i couldnt have put it bettter, thank you mikey magic. 2410Davie, sometimes its good to look deeper than just to look at a sticker...lol
So why didn't you? All you gave us was a sticker so that's all we had to work from, sometimes its best just to say thanks to people who offer you help not criticise the help they did spend time giving ;)

Sent using TapatalkHD

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I only know coz I have a Japanese wheel data book thick as the yellow pages,
Has nearly every jdm wheel ever made with the spec company info who mades them with all their full contact details. Also has cross reference wheels even has specs on all oe wheels.
Oe gtr wheels are forged by bbs, 90% of Honda wheels are made by enkie.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Manarays after-all ??

:attention:,,,So despite be produced by RK EXCEL ..they are in-fact MANARAY SPORT MS-6 WHEELS ?? Does anyone know where I can get the center caps for them ??

I really appreciate all info y'all have to give me...as the name states I am a "SKYLINE-NOOB" :) ....and really had no idea what wheels these are :/

I'am guessing if these are Manaray's then finding the center-caps should be a bit easier now?

I'll run a couple of searches and see what I can find.. If any of you know please let me know I'll be extremely grateful

Regards

Martin

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Whatever they are ....They are clean...er !!

BEFORE

AFTER

I took the wheels down to my local Clean-Park and they are looking much better but would look even better still if I could find some center-caps - Martin :dogpile:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts