Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are a few rust spots on the edge of the wheel wells on my rear arches. i understand that this is a common problem with r32's. i want to know what whould be a less expensive fix. should i have the rust on the rear arches repaired or put on wide rear overfenders and cut the rusted edge of the rear wheel well off like the member drifterex did?

thanks Jake

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts
Oooo hard decision....im in the same situation as you except mines more than a few spots but isnt that notticeable luckily.....i keep thinking the same as you...i would check the price of the rear overfendersa, fitting and spraying first though....let me know how you get on???

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'd offer up the wider arches and see how it looks, might make your wheels look too thin or whatever.

It's easy enough to just buy a set, see what they look like and if you dont like it sell them on.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
id try and treat the rust myself.
problem with over fenders is if theyre blended in smooth after a while the filler can tend to sink or even crack.. then your left with constant touch ups to put it right just as you were when you had the rust.

I looked at putting gtr rears on mine.. but thats what put me off, plus then youd need different rims on the rear to fill the wider arch (or god forbid spacers), then if you did that youd need to fit longer wheel studs and then your geometry would need resetting..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found frp rear overfenders for $365 shipped. im extremely tempted to just go ahead and get them just because of how cheap they are. i dont think i would go with the blending route, i plan on having them riveted on like the dmax overfenders if i get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts