Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i was told when i bought my car it was a 95. thats what my us title says also, but that means nothing. someone just told me because of my vin its definitely a 93. i figured it was a spec one, but i assumed it was a late model 95 spec 1. my vin is

how can i tell what year my car is both by vin and physical identification.

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
Don't post ur vin say that u'll pm it to anyone that can obtain the info which am sure many can,

Although we have some amazin and helpful members on here remember we are a public forum and anyone can view posts!!!!

PS I can have someone at nissan check it for you tomoz and get back to you

Cheers C

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bigc. i edited out my vin. what could happen if the wrong person got my vin? do you need it or did you get it before i edited it out

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
I got it bud

Don't know how it works in the states buddy but here for example:

It's the golden ticket to clone/ring a car,

With the vin no. a new registration doc can be obtained new keys could then be ordered from nissan.

Then the thief has reg doc's, keys and ur address of the vehicle he gets it on it's Toes sharp enough and traded in somewhere for quick cash, It's not a bad days pay for a scam!!!

Cheers C

Ps any other criminal scams u need advice on just ask :D :rofl:

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
have a look at the bottom of your seat belts it will have the date there on the white tag

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
year of manufacture is on a cloth tag sewn to the front seat belts where they mount to the floor of the car, if i remember correctly.. mine was

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow. great tip. now, im not sure how it is in jap or UK, but in america, the year of the car is actually like the next year it was made, if that makes sense. for example, i leased a 2006 BMW in August 2005. So if that tag says 93, is it a 93 or a 94? or am i getting too picky now?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow. well ill be damned. its a 93. Im a little pisssed. My US title says 95, so im quite a pickel now. this is the headache with owning a skyline in the US. i wonder if the seller balantly lied to me, or if there was some mix up in bringing the car over. at least i know better for future reference.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
look on the bright side...your in sunny florida with spring break to look forward to every year..... is it the babe fest im led to belive it is? I ,on the other hand ,am freeezing my tits off in the north of england

·
Registered
365 Posts
look on the bright side...your in sunny florida with spring break to look forward to every year..... is it the babe fest im led to belive it is? I ,on the other hand ,am freeezing my tits off in the north of england
The "LABRAT" glass is half full for sure. Positive thinking rocks. :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
thinking as fellow board members it would be rude not to organise a spring break meet. how big is your house Cashoverass? we wont take up much room, and we wont pee in your pool.....honest

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i live in a 1 bedroom townhouse. I dont have room for any of you, haha, but you are more than welcome to visit whenever you are in town.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
1.Bigc82
2.Stef(best call him let him know lol)
3.JBie
4.General Banter (Stumps Supper Club FTW!!!)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Ahem, I am 'Girls Gone Wild' official cameraman I'll have you know ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts