Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
i think the phase II cars (96-) had better interior and restyled exterior. Someone who owns one could propbably tell you more :)

phrozen

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts
That would be the facelift model, refered to as M spec or M spec 2 with optional bits like a lower front spoiler and passenger airbag. Here's a link for a piccie of ours if it helps. It's a 96 model with 20,ooo miles on it, and we paid £7750 for it.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10560

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
All R33 GTST come as M Spec I believe. The only real difference is that of the Spec II change in 1996 as stated.

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
how sure r we that the cars arent clocked over in Japan cos they're so low mileage... mines 49,000miles on the clock on a '93, davenlou's was 20,000miles on a '96....
I know they practically chop your arms off if you do something like that there but are they just really nice people or something not like dodgy 2nd hand cowboys here?

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
cuiseruk - i've heard that the japanese are just as willing to give a car "a haircut" as traders over here ... you really need to get a bimta cert for mileage

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
oh well its coming now anyway i'll just have to check the seats for wear, think the gearknob & steering wheel have been replaced.

If they are so willing to give the car a "haircut" y r we all so willing to buy 9year old cars etc with 30,000 miles on the clock.... Is it because we put the blinkers on and go lala lalala, and look up at the sky? :crazy:

·
Registered
705 Posts
you can tell by the condition of the car itself. i had a 92 R32 and it had done 48,000miles...but you could tell! The engine was mint (only a little bit of dust on there), the steering wheel had no wear at all, neither did the seats or gearnob. A lot of cars from japan are actually low milage, but some have had the speedo changed etc, if you look on teh auction sheet it should have a question mark next to the milage if its iffy

phrozen

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts
Do you know how much it is to run a car in japan!!!!! If you want an mot over there for a car over 3 years old it could cost you up to 4grand!!! They pay by the mile over there that's why there is a lot of low milage examples coming over here. Ours was in some guys garage for 3 years cos he couldn't afford to run it in japan.

Anyone feel free to correct me on any of this.

·
Registered
881 Posts
You can get cars with full history to prove the mileage, but other than that you have to go with your gut feeling - con-men are a world wide phenomenen! :aka47:

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
DAVENLOU said:
Do you know how much it is to run a car in japan!!!!! If you want an mot over there for a car over 3 years old it could cost you up to 4grand!!! They pay by the mile over there that's why there is a lot of low milage examples coming over here. Ours was in some guys garage for 3 years cos he couldn't afford to run it in japan.

Anyone feel free to correct me on any of this.

yea I know, I wouldn't wanna live there even if they do have robots that cook your dinner and answer the fone 4 u at the same time while u watch TV and slob

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
thing is tho, I understand as mine is taking 2 months to get here etc, been sat around in the sold at auction compound while it waits for a vessel, a month while it hangs around before auction , and god knows how long before it was driven last... it could be at least 6 months before most of these cars are started up apart from to shift into containers.....

I know they wouldn't have the crap weather over there to rust it up like in england but wont brakes seize up, batterys fail etc etc and any other problems associated with storing cars

Is just a normal service going to cure these minor faults as when I get my car finally I don't want to be dragging down to the local garage(thats not very local at all) weekly to fix these things.

I'll take it for a £40 full valet and service so it feels like having a new car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts