Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i was changing my plugs today and half the white bit dropped in the cylinderi got told that if i started it up and gave it some beans it would just break up but it never because now it sounds like a scooby and is burning oil!!!! has this happened to anyone before and anyone know whats up?? thanks

i feel :apuke:

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
whoever told you that has just cost you dearly bud, its either fooked yr rings or a small part of the plug has got trapped in the valve and its slightly wedged open, either way yr need to take the head off to have a look

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hope its not rings! im gonna strip it tomorrow! and get it skimmed,would a bent valve cause oil to get in the cylinder?

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
Who told you to do that? The only way for it to exit the cylinder is past the exhaust valves and I doubt it would have fit through that gap in peice anyway.

I'd go for rings as well. The porcelain on plugs is tough but brittle. Once in your cylinder and you've started it, it's probably been smashed into smaller fragments and managed to get down the side of your piston and do the rings and possibly scored the cylinder bore if you have given the engine some 'beans'.

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
as per big chief,prepare to be reamed,but seriously the person who told you to start it needs to be shot! the ceramic is harder than any material in the combustion chaimber and will score the cylinder walls and piston,may even have bent a valve,in fact a bent valve is the best you can hope for!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
As has been said mate, a bent valve would be the smallest problem. But since it´s smoking there´s defo something else wrong. I would say pistonrings or cylinder wall too. Looks like you´re looking into quite a bit of work to get this thing back to 100%. Was an expensive way of trying to get the ceramic spark plug piece out...

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
hello everyone, i was changing my plugs today and half the white bit dropped in the cylinderi got told that if i started it up and gave it some beans it would just break up

whoever told you that needs a good old SLAP!

i'm just in sunderland if you need a hand with anything let me know !

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
Two bits of advice for you mate,

1, if you have ANY questions about skyline come here first, it sounds like the people you currently ask are to put it kindly, feckign idiots - they just cost you a **** load of money

2, If your seriously about turbo/supercharging your engine - dont bother, as you are going to spend a stupid ammount of money getting your engine fixed because of this problem, your better off spending that money on buying a gtt engine and dropping that in place (with other relevant bits - see rising sun performance for help)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone, im gonna see if it is a bent valve i hope it is, im calm because i was expecting it.
thanks for the offer on a spare hand and the advice, i was thinking gtst if its broken but dont mind my na.

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
got told that if i started it up and gave it some beans it would just break up
Dunno why everyone is slatting the guy who told you that, he was right after all, it will break up, he just for got to mention the damage it'll do after.

Reminds me of the sand into the induction side to port the head thread, anyway good luck with the findings, although I think it'll not look too pretty.

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
RB25's can be had for £500+ i would deffinatly go that route rather than pulling the engine to bits and rebuilding it, it will cost you a fortune

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
shall we have a competition

how many time can the word like be used in a sentance lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello everyone, i was changing my plugs today and half the white bit dropped in the cylinderi got told that if i started it up and gave it some beans it would just break up but it never because now it sounds like a scooby and is burning oil!!!! has this happened to anyone before and anyone know whats up?? thanks

i feel :apuke:
that's the most stupid advice i've ever heard.. whoever told you that doesn't know $h1t about spark plugs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts