Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's about a what's it worth section guys? Also keeping the traders off the 'private' classifieds. This would help newer members avoid paying 'skyline' tax.
My 2 pennies worth from 8 years that I think would benefit forum members :)

·
Seasoned Member
9,061 Posts
Tony......... this is an EPIC idea!

Top banana! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I badly need help with this on a set of wheels I've now got going spare... Need my 100 posts as well though in order to sell them! Grrr.
Brings up a point though - how would it work re the 100 post rule?

For the record, just going to take the opportunity to say... I hate the 100 post rule. Despite being a long-time member, I am yet to learn the art of the "yeah", "cool" and "lol" pointless post.

·
Super Moderator
8,995 Posts
I badly need help with this on a set of wheels I've now got going spare... Need my 100 posts as well though in order to sell them! Grrr.
Brings up a point though - how would it work re the 100 post rule?

For the record, just going to take the opportunity to say... I hate the 100 post rule. Despite being a long-time member, I am yet to learn the art of the "yeah", "cool" and "lol" pointless post.
For you and other wingers,Please read this, it explains how the rules work!

No, you're meant to contribute (if you spam your way to 100 the posts will be deleted)... be an active member so people get to know and trust you. Selling is not a right, seems like a common misconception that - it's a privilege. Not only that, it's a FREE privilege.... you're more than welcome to sell on ebay or similar and pay money for the service ;)
Length of membership doesn't make you an active, trusted member.
The rule was put in place to help prevent members being scammed.... so based on that, yes it is an important rule... even though it may annoy the minority.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For you and other wingers,Please read this, it explains how the rules work!
You have utterly missed both my points.

1 - I don't want to violate the rules, hence was asking before it came up how it would work... Picture this, you have a "how much is this worth section", I come along with 1 post, and say "how much are these wheels worth?", I get PMs, I sell wheels. I have circumvented the system.

2 - I do contribute, but only when I'm at least 99.9% sure what I'm saying is correct, and only when the content is more than "yeah", "nice one" or "that's so badass".

·
Registered
117 Posts
Please do note, I'm not having a go either... It's more just a frustration, as I originally started off on this forum, but got sucked into the GTROC, for no other reason than there is more GTR focus over there, whereas there's more GTST type stuff over here. Not that I didn't keep an eye on both, and kind of felt like I was in both places. Ironically, my GTR had a set of wheels ideal for a GTST (spaced out on mine) and I've just replaced them... Only to find that whilst GTROC has a 50 post rule, there's a 100 post rule here (no bad comment on that, 100 post is pretty standard so no real complaints as such)... it's just funny, because I now can't benefit anyone over here (admittedly I benefit too by selling the wheels), and I don't really expect to sell them over there as there aren't many GTST owners. Net result, they'll gather dust in the garage, lol.

So, since posting yesterday, I've been posting again here... but my point is, I'm not spamming or "winging"... I'm actually trying to help, and making sure each post is actually worth something.

·
Super Moderator
8,995 Posts
The rules are there as much to protect you as anyone else, despite you not liking them, which I think we have quite the gist of by now!:rolleyes:

And as pointed out we are not ebay, your quite at liberty to advertise them anywhere else you like just not here.
Its unfortunate that you haven't much to say regarding other things related to the forum, but thats your choice.

Now if your still that unhappy I'm sure you could PM one of the admin and state you case.

I suspect one of the reasons this thread has not been considered by admin is because of the contradictions in terms you pointed out,
it could compromise genuine sales, as currently most "whats it worth threads" are actually preludes to selling without the required post count,

As people seem to think that they can get around the rules by asking what its worth, and then hope to get a PM asking a price, well believe me the people that try this are kept an eye on, and usually end up with a ban.

And I think on that note this can be closed as the "whats it worth" section idea is unlikely to happen due to the points I have already mentioned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.