Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Car came over from Japan with this fitted. Guess it was mapped over there, and would have needed remapping here, so I simply removed it from the loop and just ran the standard ECU with the plan of taking it somewhere to get mapped. Anyhow - in the meantime I'd learnt that the power FC was more widley mappable, and one became available so I snapped the power FC up. This has been in my garage since - collecting dust.

Whats it worth? Is it mappable over here? And does it have any benefits over the power fc? One I guess is that it runs inline with the standard ecu!?

Cheers
Lee

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Worthless, fancy paperweight only.

I'll give you a tenner posted :)

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
It's a missile launch mechanism, how did you get that? I thought it was only available in the A Team van?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im not sure about the programming however a quick search showed that people have done it.

However it seems alot of people are having trouble with custom written EPROM as opposed to the standard HKS standard ROM.

Someone may be able to expand on this????????

Retail from new was £760.64 but now you would probably have change from £150

Looks like a very good bit of kit!

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
the power fc is better
the hks unit you have is pre programed for the car and just controls the fuel and air (same as apexi neo), it is reprogramable but finding someone with the right leads and software isnt easy. i have one in mine (still maped on jap fuel) and works fine but as mine is 15 years old (the origional version) i cant get it re programed but yours is newer

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha cheers guys :)
I was just wondering whether its worth selling it on, or perhaps replacing the power FC with it. I've read somewhere on the forum that the loom alone is worth quite a bit.
I'll drop RSP a PM and see if they've done much with them.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
rsp can re-map them easily, I run an uprated version of the fcon V called the pro v gold,
TBH it's a worth while bit of kit if you just want to tweek the fueling and ign, IIRC upto 15-20%
give them a ring they will sort it for you, by the way if you want ever to upgrade to the F con pro v, they all use the same loom so you already have a major part ;)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
the power fc is better
the hks unit you have is pre programed for the car and just controls the fuel and air (same as apexi neo), it is reprogramable but finding someone with the right leads and software isnt easy. i have one in mine (still maped on jap fuel) and works fine but as mine is 15 years old (the origional version) i cant get it re programed but yours is newer
I have a neo in my car but its not pre programmed for the car

It has up to a 16 point adjustment in 500rpm intervals of the air flow only all it dose is interupts the air flow signal or pulse to the ecu and fools it into thinking theres more or less air and adjusts to compensate you dont actually have any control over fueling

and if anybody nos how how too set one up id be greatful as at the moment this is just a very expensive monitoring tool on my car

I was going to use the base maps of the Safc but unsure im hoping the neo just has the added vtec bollox and is color the rest should be the same i would think

1 - 13 of 13 Posts