E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what it is? I`ve heard 20% 25% & now 33%

·
Registered
450 Posts
All depends on your running gear really, if your running rwd then obviously its better than 4wd.

Best thing i guess would be to ask a rolling road operator, they usually figure out how much drag there is on the transmission when running down from a power run, 25% to 33% is probably about right.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think about 15% for the GTS 27% is commonly used for the GTR, although I think that is probably a bit high

Simon

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I know that some of the Evo's lose 25% of their power between the flywheel and the road wheels so as the GTR is usually in rear wheel drive for most of the time I would agree with Simon that 27% seems a little excessive to me.

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
ive heard from a few people and tuners its about 27%. yes a GT-R is in rwd on normal driving but if you put it on a rolling road you will notice the front will kick in due to the ATTESSA system not detecting movement from the g-force sensors. it thinks the back wheels are spining so immediately starts to divert the torque to the front so therefore will have the full 4wd power loss in effect. if this was not so then you would not need a 4wd rolling road to measure the power at the wheels on a GT-R. when on a rolling road get two reading done by pulling out the fuse and making it full time rwd. least you will get a slight idea of how much the power to the wheels drops with the full 4wd system active.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sky said:
ive heard from a few people and tuners its about 27%. yes a GT-R is in rwd on normal driving but if you put it on a rolling road you will notice the front will kick in due to the ATTESSA system not detecting movement from the g-force sensors. it thinks the back wheels are spining so immediately starts to divert the torque to the front so therefore will have the full 4wd power loss in effect. if this was not so then you would not need a 4wd rolling road to measure the power at the wheels on a GT-R. when on a rolling road get two reading done by pulling out the fuse and making it full time rwd. least you will get a slight idea of how much the power to the wheels drops with the full 4wd system active.
Although the front wheels are only active up to a certain point. I have a Dynapack graph that shows it reverts back to RWD at about 3500 rpm (just about when the turbos are in full swing!).

Paul

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
fair play then, learn something new everyday.
hmmm your car wouldnt happen to be midnight purple would it paul?? if yes......then do you remember having a lil friendly play with a gunmetal r32 several months back? the lil friendly play that required a 'third' lane to be made on the road ;)

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
hahaha fair play. i swear the guys name was paul so thats what made me wonder seeing yours is a r33 gt-r v-spec.

btw mine needs one hell of a wash too so dont feel bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts