Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died at the weekend, so off I popped to my local Motosave outlet who supplied me with a baby micra battery last december. Good news its still in warranty. Bad news ! the dick with attitude behind the counter told me it was the wrong battery for my R33 Gtst and as such I had fried the battery. Good news, I explained they had fitted it last december and as such were responsible for supplying the wrong battery.

Today I picked up a new battery from them which they insist is the right battery (japanese exide w031se) guess what it dont fit.

Please can someone tell me what is the correct battery for the car.

many thanks

Big P

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The poles are on the wrong side and too large and the length is 10mm too big and depth is 30mm too big.

Do you know what was the original size battery they left the factory with ?

cheers....Big P

N

·
0 Posts
well the size , you know !

the poles , u extend the cables , and fit the larger pole fittings ,
r33 bats are prone 2, loosing it , mine is on the way out now,
beachbum knows , wat 2 buy , ask him , i'm sure he will reply 2 this any way .

regards

E

·
0 Posts
I`ll go & get a part number off mine in a minute. Mine was replaced lasat yr. I got it from the local accessory shop. They gave me the wrong battery 1st. Exactly how big p describes it. Maybe the book listings are wrong. im sure the 1 i got now is Micra size. Gimme 10 minutes cos i need a poo as well.

E

·
0 Posts
Right its made by Delta Force & the only number i can see that resembles a part number is 005L.

E

·
0 Posts
9 minutes. I was nearly right. Whats a dry wipe? Is that when you haven`t suffered splashback?

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
When you can get away with one sheet, infact in hidsight you could of just got up and walked away without bothering, but hindsight is a wonderful thing

E

·
0 Posts
LMAO thats a new 1 on me.

Is it just me (more than likely) but when i go for a number 1 i flush early while im still going & try to time the end of my er stream if you will with the end of the flush. I never get it right though.

I think i`ll shut up now.

sorry for the hijack big p DOH no punn intended.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I still do it, the wife things I'm a 12year old stuck in a 33year old body, I think you'll find a few owning up to this one Ed

P.S. I had a look at my battery

EXIDE ULTRA 054TE (054) this fits fine physically but the cables are a bit tight

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Delta Force should be in Iraq at the moment and not in your boot ! Mind you they probably think they are in the right place so watch out they may be planning a skurmish.:aka47:

E

·
0 Posts
ahapartridge said:
I think you'll find a few owning up to this one Ed
Thank god for that i thought i was the only 1. I can feel a new thread coming on :D

LOL Bigp maybe they`ve come for all the octane booster & old jumpers that are in my boot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts