Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurray, just got my first Skyline, R33 GTSt, very cool, nearly lost the back end on the way home today, damn rain.

My question is this:
In the centre of the car next to the money holder and by the hand brake is a switch. When I press it up pops a little telescopic arial from the front bumper near the near side head light. On the top of it is a 1" rubber section that glows neon yellow.

What on earth is it? and what does it do?

Also there is a switch on the dash under the steering wheel, no writing but it has an orange light built into it that comes on when you switch it. Seems to make no difference to anything whether it is on or off. Any ideas?

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
Congrats on your new toy! Enjoy!

As far as the bumper corner marker, beachboy's got it right! Parking is VERY tight in Japan so most vehicles have those installed. It's even a factory option which you probably have. As far as the other switch, you may have to hunt wires. It could be something that was previously installed but no longer there.

Again, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
hehe I thought it was some sort of cruising thing :D

as for the other switch I have one of those... seems to double the height of the aerial (no i dont mean everytime you press it the aerial doubles in height... its a toggle switch :p )

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta, very much, makes some sense in an odd kind of way, always wanted a car with neons. Would have thought parking sensors in the rear bumper would have made more sense though. Japanese for you I guess, still though, what a car, thankyou Japan. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wheelnut
Yes - Pole is parking aid for vertically challenged people who can't see end (or any!) of bonnet.
Unmarked switch might be for rear fog light (these often placed at whim as part of SVA prep.)?

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Wheelnut,

Is that other button to the left of the steering, almost out of sight ?

I have one there on my 33, and I kept pressing it for ages trying to figure it out. Turns out it adjusts the height of the aerial. I've whacked mine a few times going into car parks, its also for Motorway driving as otherwise it bends like a MOFO. It changes from about 2 ft to about 900ft high.

Moff

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, turns out after a day of taking it all part and playing with the car yesterday that the switch is indeed for the rear fog light, was kind of hoping it was something more exciting, oh well, can't complain really.

Get through fuel quick though don't they?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have seen these advertised myself, have you got one and are they any good, have looked all through my Japanese manual and the pictures would indicate that there isn't really much in the way of useful information in there.

I'd be more interested in the workshop manual they sell on ebay, £100 though seems a bit steep, should have put it on the Christmas list I guess.

·
Hello thankyou please
293 Posts
The manual is pretty basic. I doubt if it has the park assist. I was still struggling with things like the switch for the fog lights.:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Heavy on Fuel--- HaHaHa you should try a Mitsubishi Evo - it drinks fuel faster than you can fill the tank, when I got my GTR I couldnt believe how frugal it was!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts