Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my GTS, yeay!!!! What an awesome awesome car! :D anyway, after having a root around under the bonnet I noticed what looks like a bleed valve, but I aint too sure. Can anyone on the board lend an opinion? The boost gauge in the rev counter doesnt go anywhere near the +7 bit, so I am assuming the boost level is still safe?? :confused:

Cheers, Skip

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
No idea personally!

Mine doesn't have one though.

My boost gauge doesn't go up to the +7 either, it stops at about +5.5, but both my Boost controllers display and my HKS boost gauge indicate correctly. Stock gauge is, for wont of a better word, crap.

It does wake up once I reach .9 bar, when the needle leaps to the top of the scale suddenly. Very strange, but ultimately, crap.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
that is what is known as a bleed value, to increase or decrease your boost.

Wind it in to decrease boost, wind it out to increase your boost.

Warning, playing around with your boost settings could cause problems and potentially detonation, and cause damage to your engine.

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
Bleed valves are a crude way of adjusting boost levels, if you are intend running running to higher than std levels I would advise the use of an electronic boost controller for more stabe boost conditions with less chance of spikes.
G.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, pretty much what I thought, I wont be touching it then, well, not until it gets junked in favour of an electronic boost controller, I am booking the car into GDI for a service, so i will get Andy to have a look at it for me... :)

BTW, why didnt I get Skyline sooner!! :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts